• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You had the world right at your feet. ~ any

Cai
    Cal X Carys
    Your kingdom has turned to a bone yard,
    The look on your face as you leave.
    You cut me so deep that it left scars,
    You had the world right at your feet.

He stood there in awkward silence, battling with himself over what to say, how to save the situation. It seemed he had just ruined it from the start. There was no hope it seemed. But he couldn't help but feel for her. So delicate, so fragile. So much like him. He wanted to protect her from the evils of the world, without even knowing her. The way she spoke held so much fear, insecurity. His heart ached for her.

He still feared she might know him somehow, but I mean, how could she? She looked young, there was no way anyone his age would know. But logic escaped him when it came to this. He had spent his whole life fearing. Hiding. It was completely irrational. He hadn't even done anything, and yet the guilt killed him everyday, that he wasn't enough for his mother. That she never came looking for him when that stranger took him away. The fairies accepted him like his was their own, only to be taken by an older mare, and then she left him all over again. 

"I, uh.. I d-don't mean to sound... rude." He began stuttering, trying his hardest to focus on his words, to not make a fool of himself even more. He wanted to comfort her, to ease any discomfort she felt. His gaze softened as he rolled more of his words over in his head. And then a wave of courage swept over him. "I think your wings are pretty..." He pauses watching her face for reaction before continuing. "Even if you can't soar the sky, I think their pretty unique either way. Besides, I heard the birds can be a bit jealous if you steal their sky." He attempted -and probably failed- at a joke to cheer her up. He braced himself for even more catastrophe to fly his way.

@[Vlinder] not sure if you don't mind being tagged or not. Sorry if you don't & it shall not be done again in the future.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. ~ any - by Cai - 08-08-2016, 10:08 PM