• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Longer I run; Voudou, Any

{all my life}
    {i've been living in the fast lane}
    {can't slow down}
    {i'm a rollin freight train}
    {{X}}No, no she did not want their help.  But did she really have much of a choice?  Want and need were such vastly different things, and it was funny how often the clashed in Voudou's mind.  The mare had tried once more to pull herself out as Jason spoke, wanting only to get away from them both, even with just the two of them watching her she felt claustrophobic and she was about ready to scream if she didn't get some space.  Her efforts did nothing more than sink her leg a little deeper and her ankle hurt, oh god did her ankle hurt.  Just standing still she could feel it getting hot and swollen in the cold mud.  Something to do with the fall she supposed.  By now the tears were gone, once again replaced with hatred and anger, though admittedly somewhat tamed from a couple minutes ago.  Voudou was tired, she wanted to disappear and sleep.  For a week.

{{X}}And while Jason had spoken, Voudou hadn't really been listening.  She probably only caught half of it, and even then Voudou tried her hardest to ignore him.  Fiasko of course had spoken as well, but to the charcoal mare Fiasko's words were of no use, and even the tone in her voice suggested she was lost as to how she should react.  How useless could she be?  Clearly she wasn't wanted here, the proper response was to leave.  Then again Jason wasn't wanted here either and he hadn't made the tiniest bit of an effort to leave.  Useless.  Both of them.  But trapped here, Voudou had very little say in whether they stayed or not.  

{{X}}"You know, Jason, somehow I feel like even if I told you to f*ck off and go to hell you would stick around until I was halfway to the Field.  I don't have much of a choice do I?"  She had turned her head to look him in the eye, and as they met hers were cold and dark, completely unforgiving without an ounce of sorrow in them.  Though her words were sarcastic, it wasn't in a cheery way, more in the tone that suggested he was already dead to her.  And for something so stupid!  Voudou knew she was definitely overreacting, but she also wasn't about to back off until he apologized, and he had to know exactly why she had been mad to begin with, none of this "I'm so sorry about how you feel" crap.  She would hold onto that grudge until she felt he really understood how she felt about everything.  But would she talk about it with him? Probably not.  It was easier to just stay mad and find a new man to tease.  Besides, anger kept nosy beings away from her, while vulnerability brought with it pity, and Voudou certainly didn't need anyone's pity.

{{X}}Voudou wanted to be alone, but she also knew there was no damned way she would be able to pull herself out of the mud without help.  As she finally looked away from Jason again, fully expecting some stupid sarcastic answer that Jason knew would do more harm than good, Voudou spoke again, quiet and slightly mumbled, "But I'm not too dumb to know I'm up shit creek if you don't help out."  Though not an apology, and though she wasn't directly asking for help, it did send a sick feeling through her stomach, and a stab of pain to her heart.  
    tags Jason // Fiasko, 577 words.
    notes, _______.

Messages In This Thread
    Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 12:24 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 02:04 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 02:55 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 07:48 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 06:48 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Fiasko - 05-17-2015, 12:18 PM