• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

they drown us out at sea; any

Nymphetamine

Winter was upon them, the time for lazy mornings was over as daylight was precious in the cold months. As the governor or Chamber, he had much to do in a day, especially now that the magic had been taken, alliances were more important and knowledge of your enemies was even more valuable. Nymphetamine had had a terrible go of things after the raid, he had assumed all “the warning” had been directed at him and it took more than a little convincing to realize he was trying to hold too much of the weight on his own. It hadn’t been easy to face his mistakes he made out of shame and misplaced anger, but time and effort had started healing the wounds he had caused. He had thrown himself back into his work, now that the wounds were healed leaving only some scars from the fangs of the the shadow wolf. He was going to visit Falls as he had heard of them ‘raising the walls’ so to speak, but decided to stop in the field, as he had not recruited in some months.

The frosted grasses were melting as he laid his hooves upon them. There were dead brown leaves scattered about from the surrounding treeline. Air whipped around him that held the chill of future snow and bitter nights. He wished more than anything that the Tree still held its fire, so he could share its warmth, but he would have to do without now. The field held many, as it usually did but a familiar face struck him. One he had not seen in many years, one that upon his own arrival had recruited him to the gates, one that had been a part of his foray into the spy game. The buckskin stallion was surrounded by some others, the dark blue of Chamber’s own queen, Malis, among them. Normally he would have left the queen to represent them, as she didn’t recruit often, but she was more than able to. But it was Magnus, and the symbolism was too much for the necromancer to resist.

He closed the small distance to the gathering, his black tipped features alert, unsure if Magnus would remember him, or react well to his presence, as he had chosen Chamber in the end and not Gates, the former king’s home. He heard the other introduce themselves, and realized that Magnus was the one being recruited, things had literally come full circle. The blood bay sided next to Malis, dipping his nose to her in greeting, they had only met a few times, both in volved the tree, only one, was a positive one, the other was in the craze after the warning. Either way, Malis had his respect, she had earned it long before she was officially queen. His steel eyes were kept on Magnus, he looked very much the same, but Nymphetamine had changed. Last they met the bay was 2 years old, brash and brazen, now he was 10 for appearance sake, and filled out into his long legs and frame. His body was scarred over top of muscles built from traveling from ally to ally, and fighting in battles. Now that time had past he was not to quick to pull sarcastic remarks in an attempt to puff out his chest. He had no need for it now, he held respect and had earned his position. Oh how times have changed. By the time he spoke all others had introduced themselves, and so without a prompt he spoke, ”I am unsure if you would remember me, but we met here long ago, I never thought the roles would ever be reversed, so I had to stop in and join the party. I’m Nymphetamine, Governor of Chamber. Malis, my queen, do you mind if I stay? I do not wish to be underfoot.” His eye flicked from Magnus, to the others as he introduced himself, and finally to the queen as he spoke, his voice light and conversational.

Magnus had a bit of an edge, something had gone wrong at Gates, the necromancer hoped the buckskin would not see the once double agent spy and decide he was a deserving punching bag. Surely, in the company of others all would go smoothly.

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

ooc: i wouldn't normally send a second chamber horse into an already multi-offer recruitment..... BUT magnus was nymphs first contact in BQ and the full circle was too much to resist, I'll leave if yall want after it. Also, I thought it could be interesting give nymph was wand double agent spy between gates and chamber.... lalallalaaaa <3

Messages In This Thread
    they drown us out at sea; any - by magnus - 08-23-2016, 11:49 PM
    RE: they drown us out at sea; any - by Aranea - 08-24-2016, 12:16 AM
    RE: they drown us out at sea; any - by Tiphon - 08-24-2016, 11:34 AM
    RE: they drown us out at sea; any - by Malis - 08-24-2016, 09:01 PM
    RE: they drown us out at sea; any - by Nymphetamine - 08-24-2016, 10:49 PM
    RE: they drown us out at sea; any - by magnus - 08-27-2016, 03:31 PM
    RE: they drown us out at sea; any - by Aranea - 08-29-2016, 12:01 AM
    RE: they drown us out at sea; any - by Tiphon - 08-29-2016, 04:16 PM