• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

somebody that i used to know
    The herd stallion appears from the waving grasses, and Njenyi eyes him warily. Rather than drive him off immediately (the way that Njenyi would have were they in opposite places), he simply asks what he is doing. He does'nt answer - why bother - but is starteld by the other male's next words.

Take them?

Could it really be that easy?

He can see the mares nearby. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them, but the black stallion seems surprisingly eager to be rid of them. He lists off their numbers- nearly twice the size of Njenyi's own herd - and the opportunity is too tempting to pass up.

The winged stallion begins to walk away, and Njenyi takes a hesitant step forward, toward the bunch of mares. He glances back at Phaedrus, but the other stallion makes no move to stop him, so he continues forward. The closest mare is one that is staring openly at them both, but seems to think herself invisible. He angles forward, using his chest to guide her closer to the rest of the herd. It will be easier to drive them as a group than individually.

The mares of the Gemstone Ridge will be pleased with this new company.

The next nearest mare is an amber champagne roan, a color that he's never seen before. He likes it, and knows that the foals she'll bear him will probably share her unique coloring. He comes closer and nips at her hip, doing his best to drive her and the paint mare a little closer to the Ridge. The angry voice of a bay mare distracts him, and he glances up to see her speaking to the other stallion.

Phaedrus is not her stallion anymore, he's given his consent. The bay mare and the grown foal at her side belong to Njenyi now, and he will do his best to keep them, and keep them happy.

"Go," he tells them both, snapping his teeth in the empty air with a threat that he'd prefer to not carry out. They'll be content in the Ridge, he knows, he just has to get them there. "Gemstone Ridge. Go now." He looks to the rest of Phaedrus' assembled herd and does his best to move them along.

ooc: if any of Phaedrus' mares really don't want to go or you've got a legit ooc reason (like tinsel who i now have kidnapped like 3 of her horses for the same herd) feel free to PM me and we'll work something out. Otherwise, please head to Gemstone Ridge asap :D

@[Vakarian] @[New Romantics] @[Besra] @[Gyps] @[Zaravich]

Messages In This Thread
    somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Phaedrus - 08-31-2016, 02:45 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 08-31-2016, 03:35 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 08-31-2016, 04:08 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Vakarian - 08-31-2016, 06:39 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Clarisse - 08-31-2016, 11:29 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 09-01-2016, 12:23 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 09-01-2016, 04:39 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 09-01-2016, 08:22 AM