• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this little light of mine; Phaedrus
    PHAEDRUS
    He is gazing at her reluctant to get to business, but then she looks away from him. A regretful sigh escapes, but he knows their time together has once again come to a close. He doesn’t want to push her, doesn’t want to push himself. Yet here they stand at the edge of the kingdom with her looking away from him, looking for anything but him. He attempts to ease her out of her discomfort, but as soon as she is stepping from his wing something yanks in his chest. As much as it had been an offer to her, he can’t help but feel the sudden chill of her missing warmth. Even in the heat of this kingdom it still feels cold without her there. His ears perk at her words and his eyes strain with worry. I can’t accompany you? the words are tentative and soft, his tail flicking. It was a visible sign of his mental kick to himself, he didn’t want her to leave, he didn’t want to offend her, and yet in his stumbling gawkiness he had.

It was too late, just as she had been there a moment before she disappeared again. The enormous leaves swallowing her whole. He turns looking around him, trying to find his bearings, attempting to distract his mind from the sinking feeling in his gut. But then she is back, screaming something at him, biting at his muscle. A smirk slides into place Well I might be a bit of a prude, but really dear if that’s what you want all you have to do is…. Chocolate pupils gloss over in shock as the jungle suddenly begins to be sucked from under them. Instead of running though he stretches bending around her frame wrapping her up in his body, lifting her into the sky just as the ground slips from under them.

As it slips the trees snag at his wings sending his body into a tumultuous whirl, forcing him to let her go. As soon as he recovers mist floods his eyes and the pain of slashed wings sends him barreling to the ground. With a groan he gets to his feet shaking his head in attempt to recover from the fall. His first thought is of Riva and if she was safe. Riva? His voice choked with the fear that his heart kept pounding into his ears. He raises his head looking for her, something distant but familiar calling to him.

It only takes seconds for them to find one another, but those seconds feel as years to the stallion. When he sees her, he quickens his pace attempting to reach her before anything else could separate them. I couldn’t be more grateful than now to see you, his nose brushes against her hide checking to make sure that she is uninjured. And before he can reach to swath her in his wing, she brings his attention to the fact that there is no wings for him to fold her up in. Shock had stricken his face, but now it was drained of all luster. I wonder if this is what death is like? He murmurs more to himself, they were dead right? He had never seen a dead horse before, never died before, no one was there to tell him that he was still alive. Well I guess I will have to find another way to sneak in a few gropes. in He winks at her attempting to smile and offer her some comfort. He uses his neck to wrap her up as best he can, Well apparently I can’t wrap around you anymore either. He nuzzles her with his maw, attempting to comfort both of them, something tangible, something familiar, something that wasn’t enveloped in mist. His fear drove him to be brave and reach out to her in ways that he hadn’t had the courage to do before. Staying there for a few more moments couldn’t hurt anyone. He would find them a safe place in a bit, but right now all he could think about was taking care of her.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

@[riva]

Messages In This Thread
    this little light of mine; Phaedrus - by riva - 09-02-2016, 07:37 PM
    RE: this little light of mine; Phaedrus - by Phaedrus - 09-02-2016, 10:50 PM
    RE: this little light of mine; Phaedrus - by riva - 09-12-2016, 06:10 PM