• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  for the former members of the falls
    He looks up to see a familiar champagne face. "Anahi!" he says, stretching out his own pale nose in greeting. She is not accompanied by the passel of childrne that he knows she has with Archam - he hopes that they are safe as well, but does not have time to inquire because Neoma has arrived.

She is followed by a great number of familiar horses, and Kreios whickers a happy greeting to them all has he turns to listen to Neoma. "You have nothing to apologize for." He tells her, the sincerity in his voice matching the gratitude in his eyes. "You found more of our friends than I did." He had found Ygritte and Lucrezia and while the sabino mare was not a member of the Falls, Kreios had been as grateful to find her unharmed as he would be had she been.

Raxa speaks up next, and Kreios turns to her with a smile. He has always enjoyed the mare's sandpaper personality and manner of speaking, and when he says that "Perhaps the army should have been in better shape," in response, it is clear that he is speaking in jest. He answers her question though, not wanting her to worry: "Ygritte is here, she is looking for our youngest daughter. Our son Zai, has been found as well. He went to look for others but I expect him back any moment."

With Kreios, Ygritte, Zai, Raene Jedi, Blazed, Blazing Sunfall, Raxa, Anahi, Neoma, and Eiria, they have a large portion of there former kingdom gathered in one place. Are there enough of them to venture back up the mountain, to ask Beqanna for a place to rest and gather their bearings? More importantly, Kreios knows, is finding out how many of those assembled wish to stay. They are no longer bound by their loyalty to their former kingdom - they are all equals in this strange new land.

It would be easy to stay silent and wait for the topic to be broached, but Kreios has never chosen the easy path, especially not when it might mean days or weeks spent out in the open, with no haven to call their own. It is not safe, he thinks, who knows what will happen next? Ygritte he knows will follow him as her leader (that is the way of mates), but he would not demand that of the rest of them. He respects them too much,

"Everyone," he says quietly, and then a little louder as his own certainty grows: "Everyone!"

"There are enough of us here that Beqanna might grant us a land. I would gladly go to the Mountain to ask it of her, but i believe i must do so as your leader. Would you all trust me to do this for you, and for us? I do not know what this strange new Beqanna holds for us, but I am sure that were we to have a place of our own, we could better weather any storm that might come." He falls quiet and still, and his smiling face is more serious now. The journey back up the mountain is likely to be a treacherous one, but he would do it for his family and his friends.

Messages In This Thread
    for the former members of the falls - by Kreios - 09-05-2016, 06:16 PM
    RE: for the former members of the falls - by Raxa - 09-05-2016, 11:19 PM
    RE: for the former members of the falls - by Kreios - 09-06-2016, 02:15 PM
    RE: for the former members of the falls - by Jedi - 09-06-2016, 06:42 PM