• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am no solution
    love is a temporary madness...
    She is watching him closely, and easily catches the surprise, followed by the curiosity that her words had caused. She is very well aware of how different Beqanna is from other lands. Though she had been born here many, many years ago, she had left at an early age and wandered through numerous different places. But she had returned, drawn by the call of her homeland. The Dale had become her home in truth, a home she now knew she would always return to. But her travels had given her an immense appreciation for this unique place they live in. She could easily understand how different, how shocking, newcomers found Beqanna to be.

She grins at his words. It is rather odd to be propositioned by a mare, she has to admit. Her black tipped ears flick towards Fiasko as she speaks, her cinnamon gaze quickly following. Her curiosity is peaked as she speaks of the Mother Tree. Elysteria had never before had the opportunity to visit the Gates, so she is naturally interested in the kingdom. She listens attentively, allowing a moment to pass once the mare’s explanation is complete before turning her gaze back to Weir, her own words flowing easily.

“It is a bit odd, I know. In a kingdom, everyone helps. It is even possible for mares to become queens. Actually, I believe the Gates is currently led by a female.”

A smile once again touches her lips as she nods her head in the direction of Fiasko.

“The Dale has a king though; an angel, actually. There are several types of kingdoms. Where the Gates is a non-mythical kingdom, the Dale is a mythical kingdom, and tends to remain neutral. We have two castes, the war caste and the peace caste. The war caste, as you might guess, is made up of warriors: those who fight on behalf of our kingdom. The peace caste is made up of diplomats. They are the ones who negotiate treaties and alliances for the kingdom. If you choose to join the Dale, you could enter into either, or both, of these castes and work your way up the ranks. Or neither, if that is your choice.”

She pauses, taking a breath after her lengthy description, adding her final words almost as an afterthought.

“I, personally, am a member of both the peace and war castes.”
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

Messages In This Thread
    I am no solution - by Weir - 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Fiasko - 05-22-2015, 07:58 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 05-22-2015, 08:15 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Weir - 05-23-2015, 11:16 AM
    RE: I am no solution - by Fiasko - 05-24-2015, 04:03 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 05-26-2015, 05:36 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Weir - 05-26-2015, 06:36 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Fiasko - 05-27-2015, 01:05 PM