• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  we were neurophobic and perfect

You were automatic, as hollow as the 'o' in God.

The night coaxes shadows from the trees, how so? The moon so full and glorious lends them her light and they drink it up like a squalling new babe. Beneath this silvered splendor I am illuminated, the dapples of my coat  dancing with a mesmerizing pattern one may never understand. I travel alone, pushing my flexing muscles to continue movement, they all feel sore and achy from disuse. How long had I been on the Mountain? Long enough it seems, too long perhaps though I doubt I will ever know the true passing of time spent there. Really I did not care to know, Magic had its peculiarities at times that I thought were best left unexplained. Sometimes the mind does not do well with such anomalies that it creates anyways.

Some things are better left in the dark.

How far is this road, how long? I wonder where I am going, where I am headed because I have no set destination in mind. Everything that I know or have known is no more, where will I go from here? I am certain that I must choose, I will have to make a decision and for the time being I will find a group a band if any still exist. While I am looking for others I might as well take in what I can, mentally map the grounds I cross so if I ever need a mental map I will have one. I spent too much time shut up in the Gates but I wouldn’t change that, it is hard to leave sanctuary is it not?

There is another now, a girl moving in the witch light and her coat gleams a rich acorn, something that only reminds me further of home. Wouldn’t everything do that, some way or another? While I do not allow myself to physically pine for the loss I do have trouble keeping the ache of its absence from my mind. It is something I will have to overcome, just as I will learn to overcome this new world- one way or another.

Sound is lost to me, faintly I watch her maw move but the notes to leave it will never settle on my ears. They will not even turn forward to catch her hello’s, not anymore, they stopped doing that long ago. I stop my progress as well, watching this girl carefully though I am not afraid, curious more like as to if she too were lost. Aimless.

Of course she was, weren’t we all?

I give a greeting of my own, low and steady from my chest and I approach. One step, two. My head hangs so that I am less of a giraffe, hopefully I seem friendly enough.

{TIOGA}

khaos x wichita

html by Kyra
    [Image: Tioga.png]

Messages In This Thread
    we were neurophobic and perfect - by Tioga - 09-08-2016, 02:54 PM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Thorunn - 09-10-2016, 05:50 AM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Tioga - 09-10-2016, 02:06 PM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Thorunn - 09-12-2016, 04:05 PM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Tioga - 09-13-2016, 06:14 PM