• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan
    Ruan
    Ruan felt relieved as soon as she came to his side and gladly returned the embrace. He sheltered her beneath a massive wing, hugging her close and twisting to nuzzle her. He'd never had a child of his own before, and was thoroughly enjoying his little Jinju. Uncle, dad, the name mattered not; she was his girl.

"Aunt Reagan..." she said with a slight tremor in her voice, her small body shaking. "She is gone, right?" She sounded afraid, and almost defeated, as if everyone always left her behind.

He could only imagine what she'd been through, a young child going from home to home, mother to mother to...aunt. "Reagan is never far. Even now I can feel her. She will never leave you." His wing tightened around her protectively, trying to ease her sense of instability with his unyielding resolve. "This is the last home you'll ever need, til you grow up and leave, should you wish to," he vowed firmly, saying much less than what he meant in his heart.

She'd never need another home, another family. He'd provide for her, protect and love her. And should anything ever happen to Reagan, God forbid, he would still be here. Always. If she spooked and ran, he'd find her and calm her. If she were ever taken from him, he'd reclaim her, with as much force as necessary. And if her last mother ever came for her... he hoped she didn't. He'd let his little filly go if she wished it of course, after verifying her safety and a loving home, but he still wouldn't leave her. He'd be there, watching over.

It could be odd to some, how strongly he felt for someone he'd barely known, Reagan included. But once he let someone in his heart, they were there for good. His love and loyalty unmatched.

"I will always be here for you. Always," he affirmed, gazing into her eyes as if to seal the unfaltering promise in his words.

He smiled slowly then. "Reagan says she will teach you to control and harness your magic. Are you excited for that?" He wanted to lighten the mood and distract her, hoping he had eased her doubts for today at least.

Messages In This Thread
    I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
    RE: I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Ruan - 09-12-2016, 08:03 AM