• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Silver Flowers for a Silver Heart (Any)
    I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife

Her trilling laughter, young, vibrant - so full of delectable life. It beckons me, ears twitching, heart thrumming with dark patience. I cannot help myself.

No, that is a lie; and while usually I enjoy spinning tales, there is no call to deceive myself. I can help myself. I just don't want to.

I steal through the forest that edges the western meadow - stalking, creeping ... hunting. Not for flesh, nor blood, no, I am not that sort of demon. Raw meat was never my cup of tea. I am not hurried; she will not go far and if she does, there will always be another. I lick my lips, savoring the copper taste my cracked and bloodied lips offer. Ignoring the rent in my side - it's scabbed and caked with dirt, now; I had been in the wrong place when the world had shifted and that was when I realized She'd sucked the magic from the world - I stalk her. My eyes burn with the need to blink, sides thudding with the thrum of my heartbeat. Or is that hers?

I hum that little diddy, the one that once called death and sinew to my side, my pace steady and sedate, my body yet hidden from view. Adrenaline trembles in the pit of my stomach as I charge.

I'd chosen my positioning carefully, so much so that it is only a handful of strides before I am in their midst. Ignoring the black mare, jaw drawn serpent's wide, aiming for the delicate bones of the younger mare's wings. My strike is quick, in and out, not lingering to assess damage done.  Thrusting my forelegs forward to catch my momentum, I shove it back with a jolt, intent on warding off the second mare, the one who will no doubt play the hero. Blood trickles from one nostril as I withdraw just as quickly as I'd engaged, brown eyes flipped intently from one to another, a wonderful, mirth-filled smile twisting and tugging at my mouth.
    Niklas
    Hybrid, Black, Set x Anaxarete, Demon

Messages In This Thread
    Silver Flowers for a Silver Heart (Any) - by Silver Heart - 09-13-2016, 08:11 PM
    RE: Silver Flowers for a Silver Heart (Any) - by Naga - 09-14-2016, 11:12 AM
    RE: Silver Flowers for a Silver Heart (Any) - by Niklas - 09-14-2016, 07:36 PM
    RE: Silver Flowers for a Silver Heart (Any) - by Silver Heart - 09-16-2016, 05:40 PM
    RE: Silver Flowers for a Silver Heart (Any) - by Naga - 09-16-2016, 06:42 PM