• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    They should start over.

That would lure Djinni in like nothing else quite could: the idea that they are starting new.
    The other lands are. They are electing leaders, making plans, divising novel ways to succeed in this new Beqanna.

Naga had already been the leader by the time the grullo mare had begun to tag along, but it has already become clear that she is not quite the popular personality that Djinni had expected. Perhaps they had chosen her as their leader for other reasons - Djinni has not spoken to the black mare enough to discover what secrets she might be hiding.

She looks up at the mention of the Desert, her grey eyes meeting Nayl's orange ones with a faint smile.

"I was born there," she replies, "a very long time ago."

She has worn a dozen different faces since then, so many so that this one - the one she was born with - is almost a novel experience.

Djinni, born without a heartbeat, was brought back by her mother's tears and a trickster's benevolence. She knows that Beqanna was her creator, but Beqanna had also seen fit to destroy her before she had taken her first breath. Beqanna had broken her mother and father's heart, and it was Magic incarnate that had healed them. Djinni holds - no, held - that magic. Beqanna had taken it from her, taken what had never even been hers to begin with. The fury had come first, but Djinni is too old to rage for long; she has other plans.

"She took my birthright," Djinni replies, "She took my soul."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 09-25-2016, 03:59 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Djinni - 09-25-2016, 04:37 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 09-25-2016, 04:56 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Djinni - 09-26-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 09-26-2016, 04:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Djinni - 09-27-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 10-18-2016, 12:55 PM