• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I will put enmity between you [Sam pony]

Screaming like a siren, alive and burning brighter.
    He tilted his head at the stranger’s bizarre reply. “I don’t know if it matters. And your logic seems convoluted. Just because I asked a question doesn’t mean I would necessarily trust the answer, and there’s no obvious harm in asking. How else would I figure it out but to seek out the information I desire?” But it was unimportant enough that he shrugged one garish yellow shoulder and looked away, eyes fruitlessly searching out something familiar.

Ah hell. A name. That was a damn good question, and one he had no answer for. “Wyrm. It’s...interesting to meet you, at any rate. And I’m sure there are plenty of things you could call me, though at the moment I’d answer to none of them.” He trailed off, considering. Dragon was the shape that had felt closest to home, and the shape he could feel best when the stranger spoke of the chase. Still, it did not feel like a name. Or perhaps more accurately, it didn’t feel like an appropriate name to give himself after the stranger had just declared his own name to be Wyrm. Well and it didn’t quite have the right feel to it.

Ah, but there was one other thing he remembered. Fire. Not in the air, but in his blood, in his bones, in his chest. “Pyre.” He paused, considering. Nodded once, accepting the word as his own. And then met Wyrm’s mismatched eyes and spoke again, this time to him. “Call me Pyre, I suppose.”
    I am the fire.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And I will put enmity between you [Sam pony] - by Quark - 09-30-2016, 02:17 PM