• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

glass of wine no. 5: a love letter; adaline

I'm wasted, losing time; I'm a foolish, fragile spine
    I want all that is not mine; I want him but we're not right

He is beautiful and strong and everything to her.

The entire world shrinks down until it is him—only him, always him. It is the smell of him in her bones, the curves of his muscles, the brightness of his eyes. It is the sound of joy reverberating in his voice and the heat of their flesh together. She presses her mouth to him and sighs with the pleasure of it. She laughs and the sound is thick in her throat, wrapping around the joyful tears that fall down her cheeks.

This was life and they were finally being given a chance to live it.
    This was the world and they were finally invited to experience it.

When he peels away and takes off running, she wastes no time, in rocking back and then shooting forward. Her strides are not as long as his, but they still up the soil in a pace she had never experienced before. She bucks playfully, twisting her body with newfound strength, kicking out at the heavens with unbridled joy. She unfurls her wings and lifts to the sky, awkward but growing accustomed to the way that the earth spreads beneath her like a gift from the heavens. She is infinite here. She is eternal.

When he finally slows, she dips back to the earth, out of breath but exhilarated, her eyes fever-bright. “I didn’t know,” she gasps, curling into him, the space so fitted for her. “I didn’t know that it could be like this, that all of this was possible.” Her lips find him again and she shivers with pleasure. “I didn’t know I could be this,” she pauses, searching for the word, “happy.” Tears form in her eyes. “I am so happy.”

in the darkness, I will meet my creators
    and they will all agree that I'm a suffocator

Messages In This Thread
    RE: glass of wine no. 5: a love letter; adaline - by adaline - 10-01-2016, 09:21 PM