• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

paint it black; revol
    Hold back the river, let me look in your eyes.
    Revol’s heart still aches the next morning, waking from a cozy little dream where she was nestled up against her grumpy lover’s side and he was playing with her mane. Well, more accurately, she wakes with a sigh and a smile, turning to nuzzle her--oh. Right, no, of course he isn’t there. She’s never woken beside him, and that isn’t about to change now that he’s made it perfectly clear they’re through. It’s then that her heart aches, quiet yearning and sorrow washing over her in a wave fit to drown in.

She draws in a deep breath, rising to look around at the forest she’s grown rather fond of. Every time she bumped into her...ex (she’s never had an ex-anything before, and the sound of the word echoing through her head is unsettling…) was here in the forest, including their most recent, rather disastrous encounter. And she gave him her word that she’d try not to run into him again.

So with a pang of regret joining that quiet, lonely ache, she leaves the forest behind, setting her wandering feet instead toward the meadow where she’s spent far less time. It’s lovely enough too, in a more open and airy sort of way. And if her heart misses the close press of tree trunks, well, the feeling will fade in time. Or she’ll find another forest, one with maybe a few less dangerous parts that lash out and tear at her chest and settle inside like a boulder weighing her down with sadness.

The trek takes longer than perhaps it needs to, but Revol has never been one to take the most direct route when a roundabout way could be more scenic. So it’s not until night begins to fall again that she finds herself roving through the vast expanse of the meadow, watching fireflies flash their random blinking lights to attract what she never really wanted, a mate. She snorts, rolling her eyes. Like fireflies mate for life. They come together just like she and her nameless lover had, though probably with less fire and passion and more cool practicality. Although, who is she to judge, or to say their coupling isn’t as feral and intense and exquisite as--ugh.

She tosses her head as if to chase away the bugs that have drawn her thoughts back to a subject best forgotten, and walks on. Thinking only of the last dying rays of sunlight stretching out to stain the horizon a fading orange, and not of heat in amber eyes being replaced with disgust. So firmly is she focused on the sunset and not thinking of other things, it’s no wonder that she once again walks right into a solid object far too warm to be a tree. Groaning, she scrambles back a step, keeping her eyes closed for a moment to offer up a silent prayer. Anyone but him.

And when she opens them, she finds her plea has been heard. No amber eyes set in a far too familiar (and oh, not familiar enough) face stare her down, grumpy and glaring and daring her to try her feminine wiles on him one more time and see how hard he can bite. No, the eyes watching her are the light grey of clouds lit from behind by sunlight, and his face is black as the sky will be all too soon. “Oh!” she breathes, startled by bumping into someone again, and less than a day after her last collision. Though that one had hardly been her fault. “I’m sorry, I...well, I’d say I’m not always so clumsy, but I do seem to be making rather a habit of this sort of thing. My name is Revol.”
    Lonely water, won't you let us wander?

Messages In This Thread
    paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-02-2016, 03:24 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Revol - 10-02-2016, 07:47 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-04-2016, 11:07 AM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Revol - 10-12-2016, 02:24 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-14-2016, 06:28 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Revol - 10-16-2016, 10:08 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-25-2016, 06:19 PM