• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Emotions are our own hell; Any
    Ruan
    The younger child introduced herself a little cautiously. That was curious. Perhaps like Jinju she had already seen so much for such a little one. It stung his heart to think so, but he did not comment.

He resettled his wing at his side as Jinju stepped forward to greet the girl. She was getting far more comfortable, and it made him want to swell with pride. She would become a better diplomat than even he, pretty soon, which was just fine with him. He was friendly, but didn't really like the idea of trying to convince someone to follow him home. It was an odd way of doing things, in his mind.

Heda tensed and retreated from Jinju's approach, but wasn't flighty enough to bolt and seemed to resettle herself a moment later. Concern pinched his brows, but he kept his silence. And then she asked an unexpected question, intriguing. Were they selfish in Taiga? Well, he could only speak for himself, just as anyone else would have to answer it of their own. Besides which, there was probably a good deal of selfishness in anyone, wherever you went.

"I am very selfish," he responded with an honest smile. "I will always want to keep my family close, for example. This is of course to protect them if ever a need to arises, but also I selfishly enjoy their company. I don't ever want to lose them." He chuckled softly in amusement.

"That is selfishness, is it not?" he asked her curiously, wondering if perhaps she meant something else by the word.

If she were to avoid anyone with selfish tendencies, he couldn't imagine she'd meet many people. So she must mean something more by it. He wasn't one to make assumptions, put words in someone's mouth, so he would wait until she clarified on her own if she wished. She would have a very different thought for the word, shaped by her own experiences that only she could know.

It had hurt to hear her words, that they'd understand better if they'd been through what she had. He thought of how much Jinju had already been through, and hoped this little one had not been through much the same. It was clear she was troubled by her past, although short it may be, and allowed himself to wonder at the possibility of taking her home; if Jinju would want that, if Reagan would mind. If the girl had magic, Reagan was the very best teacher she'd ever find, that much he knew for certain. But he'd not press. Let things play out as they would naturally.

Messages In This Thread
    Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-03-2016, 09:18 AM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-05-2016, 12:20 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Jinju - 10-06-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-06-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-07-2016, 12:04 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Jinju - 10-08-2016, 11:30 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-22-2016, 10:19 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-22-2016, 10:56 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Jinju - 10-23-2016, 02:49 AM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-24-2016, 05:06 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM