• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Emotions are our own hell; Any
    Jinju
    Their pasts had been somewhat alike, both abandoned by their parents, but they couldn’t be more different. Jinju had been a couple of weeks old when her dam had left her at the Den, her father had never been in the picture. Or biological father, since Ruan had now taken up that role. The black girl hadn’t understand why she had been left all alone, where her mother had gone, and in that panicked and upset state had Lexa found her. During the months she had spent in the Jungle she had blossomed, enjoyed her life, but when Lexa too had disappeared Jinju had been devastated.

From that point she had become anxious of being alone, and even more terrified to be left alone once again. Sure she was old enough to be aware of the fact that Lexa would never leave her on purpose, but who said that something like the change wouldn’t happen again? Maybe Reagan and Ruan would be torn out of her life too? Jinju was no longer that anxious about the matter, but the idea of losing her adoptive uncle and aunt too still pained her from time to time. They were home and she needed them. They were a family.

And that had been exactly the thing that Jinju wanted this pretty buckskin and navy blue girl too have too. To her it meant the world, it was only natural that she wanted to share that feeling. Not that it was Jinju’s place to take the girl into their family, but at least they could offer her a home, right? She had honestly thought that Heda – who looked similar to herself in age – wanted and needed the exact same thing, but when she speaks up again, it is like the dark blue girl speaks a totally different language.

The frown upon her young face says enough, but Jinju cannot stop herself from repeating the word. ”Selfish?” It sounds strange, unfamiliar on her tongue, and so she turns towards Ruan. ”Uncle Ruan, what does selfish mean” she asks, obviously confused. Not only because of the strange word, but also because of the mature attitude of the girl they had approached together.

Her ruby gaze gets pulled back to the other girl as speaks again. This is something Jinju could relate too and instinctively she offers a small smile. ”I’ve lost both my mothers. One I cannot really remember, but the second one took me in and offered me a home. I lost her when the world changed. It were uncle Ruan and aunt Reagan who offered me a home, or actually, aunt Reagan took me in and brought me to the Taiga, saying that we would live like a family there together.” If she had known what the word selfish meant, Jinju would’ve clearly spoken opposite of what uncle Ruan had said about himself, because in her eyes neither of her adoptive parents were selfish. After all, they took her in and cared for her as their own.

Messages In This Thread
    Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-03-2016, 09:18 AM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-05-2016, 12:20 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Jinju - 10-06-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-06-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-07-2016, 12:04 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Jinju - 10-08-2016, 11:30 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-22-2016, 10:19 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-22-2016, 10:56 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Jinju - 10-23-2016, 02:49 AM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Heda - 10-24-2016, 05:06 PM
    RE: Emotions are our own hell; Any - by Ruan - 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM