• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

paint it black; revol
    Hold back the river, let me look in your eyes.
    Ah, she made him laugh! Revol’s blue eyes sparkle as she watches surprise wash over Lior’s face, and she shrugs off the sympathy in his expression when she makes mention of her heart. He indulges her deflection and nods in the general direction of the place he calls home. She tilts her head, following the gesture, and asks, “You have that specific a place where you live? How is that, is it nice, or does it get a bit dull after a while always coming back to the same spot?”

Having never experienced home as anything more specific than an inclination to wander more in the Forest than elsewhere, she ponders the idea briefly. Maybe home would be nice, if it meant somewhere to come back to, where you could be wrapped up in warmth and love and the familiar touch of someone who wanted to be by your side. But alone, wandering seems more appealing. With no one relying on her to be easy to locate, there’s no need to stay in one place, right?

She’s about to ask him what his home is like - perhaps ask if he’d show her around, even, as she’s never really seen a home before - when he guides the subject back to her. And perhaps that’s for the best. He might not appreciate the invasion of privacy, after all. But the topic isn’t one she’s much inclined to dwell on, so she sighs and asks, “Must I?” Ah, but he’s been kind, and even generous enough to actually tell her his damn name unlike some people, so she shrugs.

“It’s not a big deal,” she insists, though it still feels like a heavy weight in the middle of her chest. “There was a guy. I thought there was something there. Maybe not a big, life-changing forever kind of something, but at least...well, but I was wrong, and he made it quite clear that whatever there was between us is over. He doesn’t want a mate, but he doesn’t want anything less either, and my suggestion that it didn’t have to be all or nothing...well, the idea didn’t exactly appeal to him. So. I left the Forest so I wouldn’t bump into him again. As you can see, I have a habit of making that far too literal, and to be honest I was just really glad at least this time I bumped into you. That’s really all there is to tell.”
    Lonely water, won't you let us wander?

Messages In This Thread
    paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-02-2016, 03:24 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Revol - 10-02-2016, 07:47 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-04-2016, 11:07 AM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Revol - 10-12-2016, 02:24 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-14-2016, 06:28 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Revol - 10-16-2016, 10:08 PM
    RE: paint it black; revol - by Lior - 10-25-2016, 06:19 PM