• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me, who i am and who i could be; ashley
    Why don’t you like me?

Now, that took him aback. No one had ever been quite so forward with him before. At least, none who appeared to genuinely want nothing from him other than his company. It wasn’t necessarily that he disliked her. It was that she was related to him. That and the constant chatter.

He hated chatter for chatter’s sake. It was just… grating on the nerves.

The snow continued to fall, and Ashley’s thick lashes became heavily coated in the stuff before he turned back to the girl and lowered his head to meet her in the eyes, his large wings tucked around him like a cloak in an effort to keep warm. “It is nothing personal, I assure you. Or maybe it is and you just don’t know it. But I guess I now told you.” Now he was purposefully being an ass. The ginger was indeed soulless.

It was no surprise, his surliness. He had seen finally in her what had seemed so familiar from last time. She was his progeny. 4 generations aside, this is what his blood had become. A chatty little girl who had no sense of danger, and the eyes of a doe. No magical abilities to speak of, and no way of being able distinguish between them—as if she had no care or need of the stuff. Australis—the starry-eyed one with no magic.

Ironic, that.

Ashley snorted. “It’s so hard to believe you’re one of mine.”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show me, who i am and who i could be; ashley - by Ashley - 11-15-2016, 03:27 PM