• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out here in the perimeter there are no stars - ALL/CONT.

Belgrath did not show - no, and Harmonia expected the incident at Tephra was partially to blame. She shrugs her shoulders in one rolling motion at the acknowledgement of his inability to show. She is, both traditionally and currently, not the most loyal creature. Except to Bead - who'd been dead for decades now. She doesn't think on these things.

But Harmonia knows when she has something to barter and when to keep things close to her chest. She does not know she's not the only one in the group to wield such a power - but she is the only one to not have used it yet. She waits until he acknowledges her proposition and then says, "I found a fairy - she's letting me restore the power of 5 horses. I thought this might come in handy during...alliance making." The word sits heavy in her mouth - her name is a misnomer. Harmonia is not the bringer of peace, she's the bringer of discord. She can feel the familiar rattle of war in her bones and it excites her greatly.

The conversations continue and she gives another noncommittal motion of her shoulders to express her disinterest. "Why have castes at all?" she asks. It's not a suggestion, it's an errant thought that annoyed her most of her adult life. It's why she generally avoided kingdoms, but it appeared there wasn't much choice now. "Why not just positions to fill with apprentices? And if they need assistance in teaching, they hire co-captains or whatever." It's clear Harmonia has never been a working cog in any chain, if anything she's been a clog in a drain. But she is pregnant and irritable and wishing so dearly to cause some mischief.

HARMONIA
    the pied piper

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out here in the perimeter there are no stars - ALL/CONT. - by Harmonia - 11-22-2016, 08:49 AM