• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL]

Nymphetamine

(well since I write so slow it is now summer in BQ almost fall, and I started this in winter...i am going to keep it in the winter. yolo)

Nymphetamine was restless, torn between purpose and heart and the turmoil he felt as he waited was tumultuous. His heart was with Tephra, but he had lost his purpose since its formation, with 4 once kings or queens he didn’t know what he was meant to. The blood bay knew he needed that drive to keep his connection with wherever he called home. He fumbled around the thought of just leaving the field and returning to Tephra, but if ever there was a time for a new purpose it was now. His breath danced before him in the late winter day. It was damp, not so much bitingly cold but chilled due to the thawing that was occurring. Nymphetamine watched the field as it was always a favorite thing of his. The interactions of others had always been a favorite pass time-- given his life’s work it was fitting, and today was no different. Today it was his interaction that would be most surprising. It was too late to run, as a female approached him.

Her mostly bay body swayed as she approached and he wondered where she was from, what starting over within new lands would be like, would it be worth it. The most faint of mutterings fell from his lips, “what the hell am I getting myself into?” He was sure no one heard him, so he allowed himself a faint smile as the amber of her eyes became visible, and she exhaled her greeting. She was trying to be friendly, and it made him smile more, as he remembered his own initial attempts at recruiting. Nymphetamine felt old for a moment, though he didn’t look a day over 10, as the memories flooded over him. Marlyn, her name, the present pulled him back as it must. ”Nymphetamine of...well, I’m unsure--” He was cut off by a familiar buckskin, Magnus. A laugh immediately left him, though he tried to choke it back. ”Magnus, you old man, are we ever going to stop meeting here? I suppose you are curious as to why I am here....” The story wasn’t much of a tale, the blood bay simply needed to know he had a purpose. He explained to Magnus and Marlyn, that Tephra had enough rulers and leaders and he had been unsure what use he was, that he was unsure he could serve another kingdom, or wanted to, but knew if no one Tephra came that would be his sign to move on. Nymphetamine’s mind was not made up, but he was hoping Magnus’ response would help him decide to entertain Marlyn’s Sylva.

A sympathetic look was given to Marlyn, it was hard enough to recruit let alone recruit someone who had such a history with a group such as Nymph and those in Tephra. He didn’t want to waste her time, but didn’t want to cast her away either. It was never easy or simple deciding one’s future. And like with many major moments of his past, Kimber appeared as if she knew he needed extra complications. Shock was the first thing he felt. He had found no trace of her, though he had looked everywhere after the Reckoning. Relief followed shortly after, for as much as he believed she did not truly care for him, he had yet to get over her. He knew she had already picked up on the expressions on his face, but hell he would vocally affirm anything to her, the stubborn blue mare was more than capable of shutting him down-- as she had many times over. ”Well look what the cat dragged in. Nice of you to join the party Kimber.” But as she said he would be accompanying him, annoyance flourished within him. She wanted him around on her terms, when she wanted it. Like a damn cat-- love me, but not to much, and not like that, and only when I want it. But it was Kimber and his annoyance never lasted long-- he was doomed to always care for her, until they actually made a go at being together or she released him. It was what it was, and he would have her by his side in stubborn annoyance. It was better than the alternative of not at all.

Kimber belittles her fierce loyalty, she offers just as much as I, for we both lead the castes of Chamber before the powers that be brought us to this new version of home. I’ve already explained what I need to know, I am sure that Kimber would want the same.” His words were like a long exhale of acceptance and relief. Kimber and Nymphetamine-- it was never simple, but at least they were consistent. The blood bay’s spur the moment decision had become quite the little surprising gathering. One became two, then three, and four within moments. But four was simply not enough, as a fifth appeared. Her name was Nayl, of Nerine. And she was a frank one, no mess, a little removed maybe? Either way she addressing Kimber… no both of them? Was Nerine the new version of the Jungle? He was unsure but allowed her to speak before the smirk took over his mouth and the long trained diplomatic skills took their place in the forefront of his actions. ”Ah, while we had not yet discussed the fate awaiting us at the other land, it was nice to hear the honest appraisal of your lands standings and opportunities. Would that be for Kimber only then? I believe I smell the faintest smell of Jungle still clinging to you from days before. Though I dare not speak for Kimber-- she does that well enough on her own, I must hear from the others before I reply to such offerings, and if they were for Kimber only then I will leave it to her to decide if she no longer wishes to accompany me.” His attention returned to the original two representatives. His heart in his throat, as he waited for what would happen.

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by Nymphetamine - 11-14-2016, 08:28 AM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by Marlyn - 11-14-2016, 06:11 PM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by magnus - 11-19-2016, 01:51 AM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by Kimber - 11-27-2016, 04:42 PM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by Nayl - 11-27-2016, 11:08 PM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by Nymphetamine - 12-10-2016, 07:09 PM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by Reagan - 12-10-2016, 07:45 PM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by magnus - 12-11-2016, 12:19 AM
    RE: A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL] - by Ruan - 12-13-2016, 10:57 PM