• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of fire and ice;; eira, any
    Magnus greats her with a smile that she returns, remembering the courteous way he’d greeted her family on the last time they’d met. “The pleasure is mine, Magnus. And Hope is doing wonderfully - growing up so fast. Thank you for asking.” Then both of them return their attentions to the girl once more, Eira’s brown eyes open and curious.

The girl repeats Eira’s name, and there is something hungry in that youthful voice, something calculating in those amber eyes. It makes Eira suspicious, wary, but the girl soon reveals the root behind that hunger - knowledge. Warmth blossoms in her smile - that quest for knowledge is so like her Weir in a way (though he hungers for knowledge for knowledge’s sake rather than strength). But expression turns to surprise and curiosity when the girl reveals what she has to trade for that knowledge, that is, that she can restore magic.

Her thoughts immediately flash to her lost cryokinesis, and she is surprised to realize that she does indeed miss it. Such a strange thing. She’d been so afraid of it once, so scared of what she was capable of …

But now, to have it back … she would feel more safe, more secure in this wide, unknown world. Not to mention it would allow her to play those silly games with her children once again …

But she knows little of fighting.

Magnus speaks up again, offering himself as a teacher of the fighting arts, and suggesting that Raeg’n work her magic on Eira instead. “Thank you, Magnus. I have indeed lost something … cryokinesis. The ability to manipulation the cold, the ice and snow. I know nothing of fighting however. But …” She pauses, considering. She does not want the girl to give her something for nothing after all. “Perhaps I can help you learn to defend yourself against an ability such as mine?” There are many other horses out there with abilities like (if not identical to hers). At the very least she could help prepare the girl.
    EIRA
    nothing's only words, that's how hearts get hurt

Messages In This Thread
    of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 11-26-2016, 03:54 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 11-28-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-02-2016, 02:17 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 12-06-2016, 01:41 AM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 12-10-2016, 08:15 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-10-2016, 10:42 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 12-11-2016, 12:00 AM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 12-16-2016, 06:45 PM