• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn
    She has sisters of her own, and the warmth in Marlyn's eyes is not a novel sight to the genie. The bulky applaoosa is a far cry from Djinni's ethereally light siblings, but the familial affection is the same regardless. She returns the embrace, breathing in the smell of the ever-atumnal woods that has crept into Marlyn's soft skin.

The girl is younger than she had expected; some part of her had assumed that the salmon queen would not have left her realm in the hands of a child. Perhaps five is not so young (she is certainly an adult) but to Djinni the appaloosa mare is barely old enough to be own her own. It is a good thing she's come back then, Djinni thinks. She is the reason that Marlyn is ruling the Sylvan Woods; it only makes sense that she should return to help.

"It's good to see you too," she replies, and the words are not entirely a falsehood. She has wondered about the progeny of the wildcat. They are cousins, the tobiano and the spotted mare, their mothers two of their grandfather's many offspring. Djinni had known this the moment she had met Ygritte those months past, but there was no need to tell of shared blood when it ran through so many veins in Beqanna.

"I've been well," she replies, "I think I've been almost everywhere in this new Beqanna." She pauses, the silence lacking pressure, the way it is between two siblings. "I think my favorite place was Nerine."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Marlyn - 12-11-2016, 01:38 PM
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Djinni - 12-12-2016, 02:58 PM
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Marlyn - 12-16-2016, 10:07 PM