• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

would you show me the meaning of love; nier
    Would you show me the meaning of love...
    Oh, how her heart ached, staring at the empty space where shadows in the shape of wings once stirred the air. Nothing to wrap around herself and shroud her from the light of day, so bright to eyes unused to being open. A soft tsk sound caught her attention, and she craned her head around to seek out its source...but there was no one nearby. Wide, tear-filled brown eyes scanned the forest for signs of life, but she found nothing.

Leaves rustled oddly, though, and she stared as something unseen trailed closer. It would perhaps have been wiser to run, if she knew quite how to work her limbs. More confused than afraid, she stood still and watched those rustling steps come closer, sidle up next to her even.

Oh, and then.

The familiar weight of feathers brushing against her back, of a wing draping over her as a voice cooed, “What’s got you, li’l dove?” He wrapped around her, holding her close, and warmth blossomed in her chest as she curled up against him. Tucked safe under the comfort of wings invisible but tangible, such perfect counterpoint to hers that had once been visible but untouchable, made of nothing more solid than shadows. “You’re safe now,” he murmured in her ear, and she nodded, hiding her face against his neck, leaning into his embrace. It felt so good to be held close, wrapped up in wings the way she should be.

“My wings,” she breathed, as one solitary tear trickled down her cheek. “They were there when I fell asleep, but now?” She looked back over her shoulder again, shifting muscles along her shoulders and her back as if they could move what wasn’t there. “They’re gone.” Then with a sigh and a dainty little sniffle, she pressed her face into his invisible neck, a useless attempt to hide herself from a world that could see right through him. Still, he was warm and solid and so very touchable, and those wings felt like safety draped across her like a blanket.
    ...so it doesn't affect me much?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: would you show me the meaning of love; nier - by Qismat - 01-13-2017, 09:08 PM