• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  all of my devils are free at last; any

all of my devils are free at last
    all my secrets revealed

One minute, Time is before her - the next, she is in the midst of the forest. For a moment, she simply blinks, attempting to comprehend her surroundings. When she realizes she is back in the forest, back in the very place (the very time) she had been taken from, she releases a breath she feels as though she has been holding for ages.

Birds continue on from their frozen flight and leaves flutter to the ground, the feeling of time continuing unaffected far too surreal given the events of the past few days (weeks? Hours? Seconds? So hard to tell). That so much could have happened, yet nothing in the world had changed seems too odd to be real.

But perhaps odd is subjective. This is Beqanna after all. She is a mare colored purple and gray surrounded by those gifted with the fantastical. Perhaps saving Time’s beloved is but a small feat in this land of eternal strangeness.

Taking another deep breath, she closes her eyes briefly as she basks in the warmth of the sun. For some reason, the light of that brilliant orb feels different. Feels somehow… familiar.

She soaks it in, a slow smile curving her red-tinged lips. With her eyes closed and head tilted up towards the call of that warm light, she does not realize that she has begun to glow. A glow that radiates from her with the very essence of the sun.

divide

Messages In This Thread
    all of my devils are free at last; any - by Divide - 01-16-2017, 11:51 PM