• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Keep on Walking; Fiasko
    fiasko

It's not official yet, but it might as well be.  She and Mast are the new rulers of the Gates.  And it terrifies her.  

Never before has she had any kind of responsibility like this.  Before, she was just a nobody, a little pion working quietly to make the Gates a better place (and often failing).  Now she is Queen Fiasko … and the world of Beqanna will come to know her ruined face a little better.

She had been somewhat nonchalant about it before, but what if she does screw up?  What if she lets the kingdom down?  She would never be able to look at her parents, Camelia or Mast in the face again.  She would never be able to face Jason again …

She still doesn’t know what had possessed the stallion to suggest her name in line for the throne, and she finds it both wonderful and scary to have someone with so much faith in her.  She just hopes she doesn’t disappoint him.

She paces back and forth under the Mother Tree, trying to figure out what her first step should be.  Perhaps she should call a meeting, to at least make it official.  Yes, that would make sense.  And it would make things easier on on Camelia.  And after that …?  Perhaps she and Mast should meet to discuss alliances?  Though they are both the adoptive children of Finnley and Kaelie, they do not have the blood connection advantage.  One of their current alliances might not look so favourably upon that.

Nerves afire, she doesn’t notice the blue-grey stallion until he calls out.  She freezes for a moment, startled.  “Oh!  Jason!”  She recovers and her characteristically crooked smile bursts across her face.  She’s come to like the stallion since his arrival in the Gates, even if she still doesn’t understand his faith in her.  “Oh I … thank you!”  If she’d been human she would have blushed.  “I think I’m going to have to take you up on your offer of help though.  I have no idea what I’m doing.”  Probably not the best thing to hear from your new queen’s mouth.  But it’s the truth.  And she feels that can be honest with Jason, that she should be honest with him.
    i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 05:06 PM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Fiasko - 06-07-2015, 02:11 PM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Jason - 06-14-2015, 11:05 AM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Fiasko - 06-16-2015, 05:22 PM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Jason - 06-20-2015, 10:42 AM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Fiasko - 06-24-2015, 12:50 PM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Jason - 06-27-2015, 08:04 AM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Fiasko - 07-10-2015, 12:36 PM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Jason - 07-15-2015, 11:12 AM
    RE: Keep on Walking; Fiasko - by Fiasko - 07-22-2015, 05:51 PM