• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Loyalty Like No Other; Brennen, Any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    For just a moment, Brennen is taken aback by the girl’s overenthusiastic response to his appearance. His ears rotate just the slightest bit backwards as she suddenly starts leaping around, his body tensing in the way that warriors do when preparing for a fight, but just as easily he relaxes again when he realizes she isn’t threatening, just extremely active. Settling his weight to one side, he is prepared to wait her out. In his experience, it’s best just to let the young get things out of their system, rather than trying to settle them, unless it’s extremely important.

In the meantime, he reflects on the underlying meaning behind her words. Clearly, she is not a native. It is rare for him to think about what life must be like for those who do not live within Beqanna’s borders, for it is so rare anymore for him to come across those who come from the outside. But to the natives, magics like his wings and her horn are not so unique; it is the other things that lie under the skin, silent and waiting, that are the more impressive.

Perhaps this attitude is contrary to what the fae had wanted to cultivate when they took away all of the magics, but yet they had made it easier to earn back simple things like wings and horns, and such they are already common again amongst the people. What would it be like, to live in a world completely devoid of magic? Well they had it for just a while there, and Brennen hated it.

So he prefers not to imagine.

She has settled, standing sheepishly before him, and the once-great general favors her with a slightly bigger, truer smile. “I’m Brennen,” he repeats, “and I was saying that there’s not much to do here, specifically, unless you are looking to meet new people, or arranged a meeting with someone.” The Meadow is a great place to meet new people if that’s what your into, and an even better place for clandestine meetings or hanging out with people who don’t belong to the same herd or Kingdom as you, but Brennen has never found it particularly captivating. Perhaps that is why he has finally moved on, despite the loss of the Tundra and the Falls. “In my experience, most of the action happens by joining a Kingdom. Or just a land, as a suppose we’re calling them these days.” His lazy drawl manages to make a total upheaval of their entire way of life sound like an unimportant anecdote, but she wouldn’t know the difference.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    A Loyalty Like No Other; Brennen, Any - by Zora - 01-22-2017, 12:04 PM
    RE: A Loyalty Like No Other; Brennen, Any - by Zora - 01-22-2017, 09:22 PM
    RE: A Loyalty Like No Other; Brennen, Any - by Brennen - 01-23-2017, 11:35 PM