• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any
    Going forward certainly seemed exactly like going backwards to Circinae these days. She and Ruan press onward from the Field, each step leading her ahead, but she can still feel the hollow reminder of how she’d already gone down this path once before. Which way was North for her these days? The two-toned mare had thought that by now she might have some semblance of control over her life, and yet it still spun wildly out of control. “I can’t tell you how glad I am to see you again, after so long.” Circinae begins while her eyes trail over his unreadable face, hoping to hedge her warm welcome with a bit of the honest truth. “Our world is an unpredictable one. I can never be sure when I’ll see someone for the last time.”

She doesn’t exactly expect a heartfelt response from the stallion, they’d only met once before after all, and that seemed like eons ago now - but in her ever-shrinking world, Circinae is beginning to understand the importance of making allies. Nothing like a little genuine glimpse into her thoughts to build the columns of an eventual bridge between them. “There are things we should discuss.” She tells him rather bluntly, slowing only as he does when they begin to ingress through Taiga’s borders. His attention is elsewhere though, a noise drawing her gaze away from Ruan to where a curiously familiar mare waits.

The warm, familial greeting she offers Ruan has Circy blinking in surprise, wondering if this could possibly be the same small, dark face that had once peered upwards at her. It had only seemed like yesterday that Jinju was a shy, withdrawn sort of thing. Now, though, she’d grown into a fearfully bold creature that tugged the wisp of a smile out from Circinae’s reserves. “Jinju, yes, we’ve met before … but I was much bigger back then.” She laughs, head tilting gently as she appraises the horse before her. “I’m Circinae, I was here with the little red girl, Raeanne. Ruan must be beside himself keeping prying eyes off of that gorgeous black coat.” She finishes, finding it hard not to think about how different her little copper companion might look now.
    Circinae
    I need the crack of a whip, I need some blood in the cut
    HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Jinju - 01-27-2017, 06:13 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 01-28-2017, 05:57 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-09-2017, 01:55 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-14-2017, 11:42 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-22-2017, 10:10 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-27-2017, 09:18 PM