• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What Have I Found? [open]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He rarely judges those who enter the Field, and he would be somewhat bemused to know that Beleza was embarrassed about her appearance now. It might be different in another place, but the Field is very unique. Here, the people are often road-weary, or desperate, or depressed, and very rarely at their best. So honestly, he is pleasantly surprised when she responds in a friendly, light tone to both of them. Beleza, she introduces herself and he quirks a half-smile in her direction, honey-brown eyes warm.

His eyes follow hers to the boy, and he watches as the snow flurries and gathers, ice following, forming wings on the red boy’s side to mimic the feathery appendages that spread from Brennen’s sides. Brennen’s half-smile blooms into a real one, honest joy forming there as he chuckles at the boy even as the wings fade away. The real smile remains when he lifts his face once more to look at the mare, a laugh in his eyes, as if inviting her to share in the humor. He truly likes young people, and the gregarious child between them makes him happy. He doesn’t have any super younglings of his own, and he misses it. Even without the magical assistance, he would have been happy to have the boy with them.

“Indeed,” he says, favoring the boy with an approving look. “Fox is right. Typically, here in the Field, everyone is seeking to find a new home. There are several different lands in Beqanna to reside, and of course it is your choice where you might like to settle.” He glances at the horizon then, considering. “I am not sure where Fox is from, I am sure he can tell us, but I am from Nerine. I can tell you more about it if you like. There are also a couple of places where you could make your home temporarily, if neither of our options is to your liking.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    What Have I Found? [open] - by Beleza - 02-02-2017, 11:54 AM
    RE: What Have I Found? [open] - by Fox - 02-03-2017, 12:47 PM
    RE: What Have I Found? [open] - by Brennen - 02-03-2017, 05:59 PM
    RE: What Have I Found? [open] - by Beleza - 02-03-2017, 06:57 PM
    RE: What Have I Found? [open] - by Fox - 02-05-2017, 04:06 PM
    RE: What Have I Found? [open] - by Brennen - 02-06-2017, 12:32 AM