• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

couldn't put me back together again; birthing soon, any

Wallace

"Wallace?"
    The sound of her name from a stranger's voice startled her, but she didn't turn. She remain on the ground, focused on the ache in her belly. Maybe it was hungry again and just demanding more. Painfully. Maybe she should just eat, so it would stop hurting her.

Warm air trickled to her. Her head barely turned to glance towards it, distracted. She flinched at his nearness, her eyes widening in fear before she turned away again to hide it.
    "Wallace, it's Reilly. I'm here for ya, dove. Anything you need, yeah?" His voice was deep, calm. As though he knew her. As though he were approaching a spooked little creature. Perhaps he was.

It scorched through her again and she keened in pain, a tear falling to her cheek. But just barely, it soothed and eased up. She sighed softly in relief, sucking in gulps of air, before trying to climb to her feet. The fact that he was here, and a stranger, and somehow knew her, really didn't register with her. More important things, like breathing and not dying here in this little cave. I gotta- I need to- she gasped and grit her teeth, silently cursing how blasted heavy she was now as she struggled to stand. Was his spawn made of goddamn metal too!?

I need to eat. Make it stop hurting.

But her attempts were useless through the pain and the weight, and she sprawled out on the ground again. Her sides heaved with panting breaths and she closed her eyes. She should just give up. Maybe this was what he'd wanted all along, to torture her in pleasure and then torture her in this pain until it slowly killed her.
    I think I'm dying, she said quietly to herself in a broken voice, defeated. But maybe death was the better option. Did that make her even worse of a person? Was it possible to be worse than what she was already?

After a blissfully calm few minutes, it came back again and she cried out, teeth clenched and tears falling. She gave up on hoping it was done each time it relented. It would never be done, this pain. It would get more frequent until her heart burst and she dropped dead. And she'd die alone.

But she wasn't alone.

She tried to lift her head to find him again, wary that he was still here. What did he want? Was he here to take the child to its father? Good. Take it. Just let her live. Just make it stop, she whispered to the darkness.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: couldn't put me back together again; birthing soon, any - by Wallace - 02-08-2017, 05:54 PM