• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any
    If Jinju was perplexed at Ruan’s casual ease, then Circinae was equally unprepared. Seeing the two of them clash affectionately together drives a blade through the colorful girl’s gut, and her eyes stray away from the two of them as if to allow them even a moment of privacy. It’s only when the faint, cloying scent of Ruan’s hushed breath spills across her face that she returns her attention to them, chuckling softly at Jinju’s declaration. Yes, the black mare was right - she’d only been smaller back then, it was obvious that her growth would eclipse even her father’s height. Perhaps the red-eyed firestarter took after her mother in that sense … no, Circy was wrong again. She remembers (very clearly) the sharp, mistrusting gaze of the then-grey mare who’d taken the same liberties with Ruan that Jinju displayed now.

So many layers, and Circinae has only begun to scratch the surface of these individuals she now shares a home with. “I’ll see you soon enough, Jinju!” She finds herself calling out, watching with a determined sort of nonchalance as Ruan’s get silently exits. There’s still the warmth of her companion beside her to guide her back to her original purpose here, and the energy rolling off of his body in waves soon has her gaze locked onto his again. For once, Circinae feels the uncomfortable weight behind the spotted man’s interest - even though she cannot claim to be an empath, it’s clear there’s power oozing from him. If anyone could guide her, it would be him.

“It must be hard to watch her go.” She begins, eyes unconsciously trailing the shape of his face again, as if she could cement it in case they were separated for some reason. “I was a coward, and abandoned Raeanne in the night because I let my fear consume me.” Circy explains, letting the truth steal the air from her lungs - but she can’t look away. Let him be aware of her short past, so that he could know she f*cked things up. She was tired of hiding herself. “I was born with two traits, one of them wolf shifting - like my sire before me - and the other one still unknown. I wasn’t able to master them before the mountain rose, and now I’m stuck fighting the wolf inside for control over my own body. I’ve nearly gone insane.”

She exhales now, letting her thick, satin-blue tail lash irritably behind her while her ears slip closer to her head. “I’m afraid that I might lack the inherent predator instinct it takes to accept my other form.” She explains, overcoming her rising anger with a clipped laugh. “Help me Ruan, before I become a murderer.”

Wouldn’t Lupei be proud?
    Circinae
    I need the crack of a whip, I need some blood in the cut
    HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Jinju - 01-27-2017, 06:13 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 01-28-2017, 05:57 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-09-2017, 01:55 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-14-2017, 11:42 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-22-2017, 10:10 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-27-2017, 09:18 PM