• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Dovev)
    Oh, it is not nightmares I worry of when I close my eyes. Her voice was light, carefree, but there was a soberness to her eyes. A strength buried deep that probably made her stubborn, driven. Her smiles were chilled, her eyes sharp and just as cold. She shifted herself to view him better. His ears flicked back in annoyance, but he made no move otherwise. Though if it is nightmares you seek, I am certain that I could provide.

He didn't really know what that meant. Didn't really care. He smiled. So what do you worry of when those pretty eyes close?

This encounter was rather strange. Did she have a purpose in approaching him, or was it merely misplaced curiosity? He edged a little closer, stepping into her personal space but refrained from touching her. For now. His hot breath passed over her cheek, her neck. She was a puzzling thing. He didn't much care for puzzles. He liked soft, warm, with a little bit of firm. Craved goodness that could counter his blackness. But maybe there was still hope for her.

Perhaps its a dream you seek then? he suggested quietly, his eyes drawing in every line of her face in careful detail.

Perhaps this was some sort of test, sent by the magician. A test of loyalties? Well, the mage would find he still knew who he belonged to. There was nothing anyone could offer him that could change that. Even a healing couldn't remove the brand on his flank. An ash tree, burned and claiming. Even without it, he'd might still be loyal. He was dark and cruel, but faithful.

He circled around, taking in her sweet contours as he passed slowly. Mostly because he was bored. She seemed so sure of herself, and yet he felt she didn't know what she truly wanted. He lingered at her hip, tempted. But eventually continued. You all alone in this big world, then, hm? That would be tragic, he said sadly, not meaning a word of it. Not giving a damn at all. He sure as hell wasn't going to bring her home, or offer her one. Somehow he didn't think that's what she was after, though. But did she even have goals in mind? Or was she just wandering about life aimless and miserable.

He came around to pause at her opposite shoulder, muzzle drifting closer. She probably tasted good. She probably wouldn't scream though. Wouldn't even gasp. Probably just stand there as solid and dull as she was now.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Dovev) - by Dovev - 02-11-2017, 01:22 AM