• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Dovev)
    She reached for him and his head curled around naturally to breathe her in as she did. A fragrance both delicate and strong, with a spicy bite to it. The soft velvet of her muzzle touched his neck, heating his skin instantly and heightening his senses. She toyed with his hair until she reached his ear. His lips parted in a quiet exhale, eyes drifting closed. He liked her nearness, wanted to yank her further into him but held still. Secrets, she whispered, then retreated.

I had a dream once. But dreams are not made to last.
    There was a heaviness to it, a faint reflection of steel. His dreams had not lasted either, he supposed. Lost everything. Abandoned.

She seemed to slip away somehow, grew distant. Lost in thoughts. His eyes grazed over her openly, and he still was taking her in when she spoke again. Hardly. Don't tell me you don't recognize me. Dark stare hardened at the edge in her voice and returned to her. Of course he didn't know her, had just barely met her. Why should he recognize her?

Don't know you, he said firmly, Never seen you. He was ready to walk away then, hating the sting of a very different memory: his own being lost as he trained. As though she could mock his lapse, pretend he'd forgotten her too. Or had he?

He immediately thought of Zoryn, wondered if the bastard was toying with him. Sending a pretty girl to laugh in his face for him. His ears pulled back, wary and annoyed. Whatever. He wasn't playing Zor's game. Not today, not any day. Not until he got his payback. He grit his teeth and turned away, ready to escape the pain she probably hadn't intended to bring back.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Dovev) - by Dovev - 02-11-2017, 07:04 PM