• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any
    Ruan
    It must be hard to watch her go.
    His eyes remained on her forest-kissed face though his other senses strayed to Jinju's retreating back, waiting for her to be out of earshot before he sighed quietly. How much I'd rather hold her to my side as I used to, he murmured sadly, the regret evident in his low voice. But she is strong on her own now, stronger than she believes herself to be. If I let her back in, a part of her might believe she still needs it.

He paused, gently shaking his head, the ache in his chest blossoming as he opened the truth for her to see. As he lay himself bare for her judgement. But she doesn't need it. I do. Barely spoken, barely heard.

The vulnerability before her came easily, the trust came easily. Trust that she might understand, that she would not think less of him for keeping his daughter at a distance for her own sake, even when he knew she wouldn't understand it. Delicately, he built that wall back up, guarded her again from the pain he kept buried and hidden from his loved ones and let her speak further.

I was a coward, and abandoned Raeanne in the night because I let my fear consume me.
    He listened carefully as she continued, as she in turn laid herself bare for him. She could become a wolf, and somehow that made things click into place in his mind, brought the Dominance forth to solidify in his eyes. They sharpened but still held her gently, still listened closely as she admitted the battle she had with the wolf inside her.

I'm afraid that I might lack the inherent predator instinct it takes to accept my other form.
    Help me Ruan, before I become a murderer.

The sting in her voice plucked at his heart, called him to protect her in some way. She was afraid she lacked something vital to control it, but he didn't think that was the case. He didn't think she lacked anything at all. She did fight with it, though, he could see it in the haunted shadow in her eyes, in the subtle tightening around her shoulders. His eyes softened slightly and fell to her delicate velvet as he blew a warm breath there, a reassuring brush of his own muzzle against hers.

I won't let you hurt anyone, he promised quietly, pulling away from her. Even if her wolf didn't respond to him, was too wild and rabid, he would still contain her until she shifted back. Are you afraid now? he probed gently. Are you ready for this?

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Jinju - 01-27-2017, 06:13 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 01-28-2017, 05:57 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-09-2017, 01:55 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Ruan - 02-12-2017, 05:58 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-14-2017, 11:42 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-22-2017, 10:10 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn! - Circinae, Ruan, any - by Circinae - 02-27-2017, 09:18 PM