• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    open all your windows, let the rains come in; dovev
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=EB+Garamond|Josefin+Sans' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>.dovlayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#010103;} .dovgradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background:#2b282e;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#2b282e, #454f54, #2b282e);background: -o-linear-gradient(#2b282e, #454f54, #2b282e);background: -moz-linear-gradient(#2b282e, #454f54, #2b282e);background: linear-gradient(#141319, #2b282e, #141319); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .dovpic {width:600px; height:600px; background-image:url('https://s17.postimg.org/c9jh4j7cv/dov.png');background-size:contain;margin-bottom:-30px;box-shadow: inset -5px 15px 25px #000;} .dovpost {padding:40px 40px 20px 40px;text-align:justify;font-family: 'EB Garamond', serif; color: #5b585c; line-height: 18.5px;} .dovpost span{font-family: 'Josefin Sans', sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#818d9b;}</style><center><div class=dovgradient><div class=dovlayout><div class=dovpic></div><div class=dovpost>For so long, they were silent. He tended her, she rest against him. His heart raced, but now from agony. Because he could feel it, could feel it coming. The last piece of his heart soon to break. He swallowed, tried to brace himself. But he was nothing but skin and bones. He was nothing.

<i>I will always love you,</i> she said finally, a whisper, a quiet poison. His jaw clenched and tears sprang immediately to his eyes, so he stopped his care of her face, turned carefully away to hide the tremble in his brows and the naked agony so plain and bare on his face. Because it was goodbye. A final goodbye. And he deserved it. More than she even realized. So much more.

How could he try to fight for her? How wrong it was to want to. He had never been one to know what the <i>right</i> thing to do was. What was best, what was wise. What was fair. But this he knew he could not claim. Had no right to. No matter how bad he needed her, he could not ask her to stay. Ever. Couldn't put her through any more of his life than she was already thrown into, already beaten with. She deserved so much more than he could ever be. She deserved far better. And he was already stained, so permanently stained.

Tears slid silently down his face as he turned to her, flooded his eyes against his will as he gingerly tipped her chin up to look at him. Just one time. One last time. He wished he could beg her, give him a chance just one chance. But he deserved this pain one hundred times over and then over again. He deserved to lose her forever. His jaw clenched again, trying to steady the quiver of muscles aching to shed this pain in pathetic sobs. His throat was tight, and he swallowed just one last time. Just enough to say it.

<span><i>I love you.</i></span>

He could only hold those perfect eyes long enough to be certain she knew how deeply he meant it, then shut them, allowed the tears to spill as his head bowed. His shoulders twitched with the tension, holding himself together just long enough for her to leave before he could fall apart.

He gave his heart in those words, pushed what was left of it deep into her chest next to hers. Because it belonged to her anyway. Then he held still, so still. His senses were aware and open, ready to drink in the sound and sight of her walking away for the last time. Because he deserved that pain too, would accept that torture, cling to it as a <i>good</i> memory. Because maybe, just once in his life, he did the right thing.

He would take this torture and cherish it.
    She deserved to be the one to leave this time.
    Walk away with his heart in hers.

Because it belonged to her anyway.
    </div></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open all your windows, let the rains come in; dovev - by Dovev - 02-28-2017, 10:49 PM