• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now is your time, (any)
    It’s been too long, my unloved friends. Too long since I wandered this meadow in sadness and pity, aggravated by Him and Her and It. It—my half brother—a spitting image of Him himself made me so incredibly irritated well, I left.

Left and didn’t look back.

And here I am, myself and I, a woman now with much to offer whichever kingdom makes her claim. Here I am, the burden, the mistake, ready to serve. I long for a home which gives me opportunities, gives me a place, and gives me the chance to redeem what no one thought I could; I will show Him. I will prove to Him his biggest mistake was treating me like the trash he believed I was. I am beautiful, bold, and strong, and I will prove myself worthy.

I will prove he was never worthy enough for me.

The meadow isn’t far from the field, and eventually I am able to get myself to the heart of the claiming border. My skin boils with aggravation but I won’t show it on the outside; I am an expressionless piece of stone. My surface is cold, hard, unrefined, but I am deeper than that. My exterior is the tip of my own iceberg, the depth of what I have burning beneath my skin is what will entice the worthy kingdoms. If they want a fighter, a speaker, a candidate for something more than a resident, I am their girl. I am angry, but angry is powerful. Angry can be dangerous, but only to those who don’t help me extinguish it properly.

Come forth, ruthless recruiters, place your pitch.

I place myself in her center, my tobiano coat flashing tones of brown and white from the afternoon sun. It was hot, my skin felt like it was burning but at a time like this I would not show weakness. I need to attract the tough, the willing, and the great—not the useless and the fake.

So here and now is where I stand, soaking in the summer heat and inhaling the sweet smell of my future destiny.

Hello, future homelands.

Messages In This Thread
    now is your time, (any) - by Smother - 06-10-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Lagertha - 06-11-2015, 07:56 AM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Tyrna - 06-11-2015, 09:14 AM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Camrynn - 06-15-2015, 08:57 AM
    You said you would be better - by Smother - 06-16-2015, 01:49 AM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Lagertha - 06-17-2015, 03:06 PM