• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | magnus

Magnus angled his head a the sound of approaching hooves, his scarred lips curving into a crooked smile at the welcome sight of Dahmer. The stallion had been one of the most productive members of Tephra, and Magnus was thrilled to watch him blossom here. He had known from the moment they had met in the field that they would be fast friends, solid companions, and he had been right. He could not think of a single time where he had been luckier to invite someone back to his home.

“I always keep my promises,” he laughed, glancing upward at the smoke billowing from the volcano. It was difficult to imagine that they were in the thick of winter—not with the air as warm as it was, the sky such a brilliant blue. Sometimes, Magnus found himself missing the chill in the air and the snow on the ground, but more often than not, he appreciated the heat, the humidity. It just reminded him of the jungle.

Turning back, he kept his gaze steady on Dahmer, musing silently. “They are settling in nicely.” As nicely as most souls who found their way to Tephra. They were not a power hungry land (he did not seek to rule all of Beqanna and bring them to heel, like Nayl), but they were populous. The land that spread out before him brimmed with life. “Which brings me to something I’ve been meaning to say for a while.”

One corner of his mouth lifted into a smile as he looked at the other, rolling his shoulders in anticipation.

“I think it is high time that you joined the Council officially. Don’t you?”

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 03-06-2017, 09:56 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by magnus - 03-10-2017, 01:57 AM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 03-12-2017, 07:48 PM