• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

without you there are holes in my soul; dahmer
    The fire burning hot in Dahmer's belly has yet to subside. He is unsure when it will. Nevertheless, he keeps his anger from Leliana, for fear of pushing her away. There is a cold hollowness in her eyes that makes makes his rage swell, albeit briefly, before he reins the heat back in. Just in time, too, as the mahogany bay takes that final step and lingers with her nose beneath his cheek. Her pleading request is soft and Dahmer nearly admonishes that 'yes, of course!' he would stay with her, but he bites his tongue and allows his presence to answer for him.

Then, she is against his chest and Dahmer's heart is hammering swiftly in response. He lets Leliana lean into him. Her warm body melds to him and Dahmer remains sturdy, offering her silent comfort and waiting patiently to see if she will find her voice again.

Breathing slowly, the black Thoroughbred runs his nose over the bay mare's withers and back. The pattern is circular and methodical, and he continues it in the hopes that she will allow it to relax her. When the winged mare breaks the silence between them, it almost sounds like she could be speaking to herself, but Dahmer nickers regardless, and leans into her a little more. "It would be too easy if we knew the solutions to our problems before we even encountered them."

Dahmer lifts his dark head slightly and lips at the portion of her mane closest to her withers and, not wanting to overstep, refrains from commenting any further, unless she asks. Instead, the black beast begins to hum a  soft and lilting song that his mother had taught him, letting his chest reverberate against Leliana's.

The song had been, perhaps, the only motherly thing that Desole had ever shared with him.

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins

Messages In This Thread
    RE: without you there are holes in my soul; dahmer - by Dahmer - 03-05-2017, 05:47 PM
    RE: without you there are holes in my soul; dahmer - by Dahmer - 03-06-2017, 09:32 PM
    RE: without you there are holes in my soul; dahmer - by Dahmer - 03-12-2017, 07:04 PM