• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Searching Anew
    Aten felt relieved by the filly's first words; at least he, hopefully, wouldn't have much to worry about in terms of finding a home. Perhaps they would be kind enough to let him stay here, hopefully more so if the king thought Aten might be a threat. Of course, his sire, Archam, hadn't been the ruler of a kingdom, but he had ruled a herd. If the king of Taiga thought that was threatening, well, Aten suspected he might be thrown out.

The sound of running water drew Aten's attention. The stallion's sculpted head turned, seeing a small river a couple yards away. He stopped for a very brief moment, his mind flashing back to the waterfall and river that had pooled through his herd's old home in the Falls kingdom, before Beqanna had changed. It had been a wonderful place to live, the herd his dam watched over grazing peacefully in the meadow atop the falls, enjoying the peace and vantage point they had on enemies. Aten had been old enough to remember much about his old home before Beqanna changed, and sometimes reminisced when he was bored or didn't have any task to take care of at the time.

After some time of silence, Jinju offered to answer Aten's question. She described the Taiga like a family rather than a kingdom, ruled by a just pair of horses that hopefully took good care of this place. Well, from what Aten could see, they surely did; the kingdom was a state of beauty, mesmerizing the stallion the further they journeyed into the kingdom.

Aten was lost in thought for a moment, nearly tripping when he placed his hoof down wrong on some slippery grassy. However, thanks to his sure-footedness, the stallion stayed on his hooves, giving an indignant snort at his near-fall. However, he realized within moments after that he would've been more embarrassed to trip and fall like that in front of the beautiful filly next to him. Hiding his embarrassment, Aten listened as she continued to talk, describing how she'd arrived here.

Aten nodded in understanding, "I ended up with my older sister after everything changed. The stallion in charge of her though kicked me out of his herd, so I kinda just did my own thing afterward. I didn't want to bother my dam anymore. She's got my other older sister watching her though, so at least there's that. I'll go visit her one day. She's nice; if you ever meet her, I think you'd like her a lot."

He turned so that his brown eyes looked into her red, "What's your family like? Any siblings?"

Messages In This Thread
    Searching Anew - by Aten - 02-06-2017, 01:22 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Jinju - 02-08-2017, 05:26 AM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Aten - 02-08-2017, 02:43 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Jinju - 03-06-2017, 01:34 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Aten - 03-07-2017, 03:57 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Jinju - 03-14-2017, 04:22 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Aten - 03-14-2017, 09:47 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Jinju - 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Aten - 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Jinju - 03-22-2017, 09:53 AM
    RE: Searching Anew - by Aten - 03-24-2017, 06:56 PM