• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long, my luckless romance; any
    Um, yes, please pretend she gave their sight back because I fail D:

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Loving had changed her, had made her better. She would not have traded it for the world, not even to spare herself the heartache of their separation. She has a lifetime of memories to sustain her. But it had hardened her, that loss, making her into the creature that stands here today. Leliana contains such a rare innocence. It would be such a shame for it to become tainted by the callousness of Dovev.

She recognizes a lost cause when she sees it, but it is not Leliana’s love she had ever questioned. It is Dovev’s. ”It was not your love I was speaking of, Leliana.” She surprises herself with the sympathy that creeps into her tone as she speaks.

She bridles at the armored stallions furious demand, at his gentle question that rings with such falseness. ” Do not dare pretend offense. You have hurt her far more than I ever could.”

She has barely spat the words at him when another materializes into their midst. This small, largely innocent conversation has turned rapidly into a conflagration. Her blue gaze snaps to the buckskin stallion, a cold fire in her eyes.

His words, surprisingly enough, sooth her anger to a simmer, allowing speculation to rise. She recognizes him from her delve into Dovev's past, though she had not paid any particular attention to him. Now she does, wondering just how such a man had come to take on Dovev as a pupil.

He could not be a very good one, given his habit of running around, stirring tempers.

Shaking her head, Heartfire shifts her gaze to Leliana as she curls into Ashley, sobs wrenched from her by his tender touch. Her heart curls a bit, stomach hollowing at the sound as something almost like regret trickles through her. She had never meant this to happen, never meant to draw out Leliana's nightmares.

Pulling her gaze up to Ashley, she considers him, considers the comfort he so easily offers, before turning to look at Dovev. Her bright blue eyes harden in an instant, none of the heat he had one coaxed from her present any longer. She could have been a great ally to him, but he had chosen differently.

”He's right, you don't deserve her.” Her tone is positively frigid as she addresses the darker stallion. ”I will leave, but you must leave too.” Her steely gaze leaves no doubt that she would ensure he did.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    so long, my luckless romance; any - by leliana - 02-13-2017, 03:48 AM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-05-2017, 11:32 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-12-2017, 06:24 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-14-2017, 04:26 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Ashley - 03-14-2017, 05:05 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Heartfire - 03-14-2017, 10:20 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-15-2017, 01:04 AM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Ashley - 03-15-2017, 02:05 AM