• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Hawke

I don't want to wait anymore, I'm tired of looking for answers
    take me some place where there's music and there's laughter

He pushed her away, but she didn’t mind. She rolled her eyes a little and sighed, but it was good natured. She knew him well enough from their brief encounter to know that he meant no harm in the way that he nudged her to the side and so she just laughed, taking a dramatic step back to open up the space between them. She glanced down purposefully and then back at his impossibly blue eyes, humor clear on her face.

“Is that enough space, Princess?”

Her lips split into a wide grin though, despite the concern that curdled in her belly, that wicked worry that told her something was wrong, that something was broken. At his comment, she shook her head, sending the tangled, matted pieces of her mane flying, slapping against her delicate neck. “Always.” It was difficult, impossible, to imagine a time when she would not be loved; she had been born into a family, even if it was an odd one, that loved one another fiercely. She knew she could count on them forever. “Do you blame them though?” She tilted her pretty head to the side. “I am a rather marvelous thing.”

She still studied him carefully, but she played along with his line of questions initially. “I have been well,” she glanced upward. “Going here and there—wherever the wing takes me.” Sometimes literally, when it was Canaan’s manipulations pushing her along, his gift teasing even more speed out of her.

“And you, Ruan?” 

Here, her eyes sharpened just a little, lips pursing in thought. “You look like you have seen better days, to be completely honest.” She didn’t see the purpose in beating around the bush any longer. “Much better.” He was still handsome, still stern, but beneath the ice was an anger, a hurt she hadn’t seen on him the last time that they had met one another. “And it’s not like you to take naps when vulnerable in the forest.”

( I don't know if I'm scared of dying, but I'm scared of living too fast, too slow )

Messages In This Thread
    Hawke - by Ruan - 03-16-2017, 01:45 AM
    RE: Hawke - by hawke - 03-17-2017, 01:26 AM
    RE: Hawke - by Ruan - 03-17-2017, 03:44 PM
    RE: Hawke - by hawke - 03-18-2017, 06:07 PM
    RE: Hawke - by Ruan - 03-28-2017, 08:31 PM