• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - Circinae

Oh, my love, don't forsake me
    Take what the water gave me

Circinae has always had the uncanny ability to do the unexpected. She rather likes that part of herself, even though it has the indirect consequence of making others feel … uncomfortable. No, she can’t read minds, but the way Jinju’s unsettling eyes slide to the redwoods around them (and that regretful, almost painful sounding sigh) is clear enough to paint a thousand pictures without her ever having to say a single word. The russet wolf shifter tilts her head, contemplates what she’s about to say, and then decides honesty is the best policy here.

That warm smile falters, lips parting as she tells Jinju “Don’t be.” Circy cannot begin to understand what has happened here in their home or with Ruan and Reagan, but she knows exactly what Jinju is referring to. The meeting; the meeting where Ruan had come to her before all others, had chosen to openly display his preference for her company before his own mate. A moment that Circinae preferred to remember instead of shy away from - and Jinju should know that truth. “You were right to be upset. They all were. Ruan and I …” She begins, but she finds she cannot finish.

Now it is her turn to sigh, her turn to flick her tail irritably before letting her eyes stray away. “Ruan and I are simply alike, we find comfort in each other's company. Nothing more.” The green mare explains, mouth twisting downwards near the edges. “Though,” She murmurs, finding the words hard but necessary, “I admit I wanted it to be more.”

Lay me down--
    Let the only sound be the overflow

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 03-31-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-02-2017, 10:16 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-03-2017, 06:51 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-03-2017, 09:52 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-05-2017, 07:42 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-06-2017, 12:11 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-08-2017, 02:13 PM