• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

open your eyes, your sea is changing ; jinju

He is not here on business, like most others were when they made their way into another land of Beqanna. The golden light of daybreak’s end still attempts to filter through the thick canopy of the trees, small pricks of dusty light cascading down like spotlights on the dark, fertile world beneath. He can feel the slight chill of autumn on the darkening breeze, sending a slight shiver through him. Accustomed to the lush and sultry air of Tephra, Warrick’s blood was thin when it came to the cooler weather.

Darkness finally settles and that is when he first hears her approach. The bay stallion had a feeling that eyes were on him from the second he came into this land (that he would learn was called Taiga), and thus not completely surprised when her voice reaches his ears. He was surprised, however, how close she had actually gotten to him before she let her presence be known. He snorts softly, brows rising curiously as his brilliant blue eyes shift to find the source of the voice. It did not help that the mare was as dark as the pitch-black world around them. He squints his eyes, trying to focus on her shape in hopes that the curves of her body and face would lighten as he adjusts. Finally, the shape of her can be seen.

Warrick lowers his head in silent greeting, taking a single step back in hopes that the gesture would be seen as one of peace; he was not here for ill will. “Indeed it is,” he replies, his voice rich and deep against the eerie silence of the forest around them. His ears cannot help but turn and twist, searching for any other sounds besides their voices on the air, although his eyes remain on the ebony mare before him.

“Fate, I believe,” he answers casually, lifting his head. He pauses for a moment, watching her carefully before continuing. “I am Warrick, of Tephra. I’m sorry to happen on your home at so late a time – when the sun sets, I tend to wander.” It was habit for him to be out and roaming with nothing but the pinpricks of stars to guide his way – it’s been that way ever since he was a young colt. “Though it seems you would understand that.” His indigo lips give way as a smile finds him.

w a r r i c k

@[Jinju]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open your eyes, your sea is changing ; jinju - by Warrick - 04-28-2017, 06:30 PM