• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fire in the Mountain [OPEN]

She considers him briefly, just as he was doing to her. He takes his time speaking, choosing his words carefully and annunciating clearly, though he refrained from injecting much of any sort of tone into his low voice. She cocks her shiny head at his words, recruiting her best impression of him when she spoke again. 

“And you shouldn’t assume every stranger you meet in the woods to be defenseless if they are trait-less,” a smirk touches her dry lips, “I may not win, but I’d bet I could give you a run for your money.” She may be temperamental, but she wasn’t stupid-this horse, though close to her own age, had at least six or seven inches on her, not to mention the fire. But he could rest assured she wouldn’t go down easily.

His eyes follow her as she comes closer, though the emotion inside them is hidden well. At his silence in response to her question, Iset perks up slightly and smirks, considering it a win for her even if he would think it to be the opposite. If she had at least stumped him, she could walk away knowing that their combative interaction had been at least somewhat successful on her end. 

He questions her again, and she rolls her eyes openly at his rude words, “No,” she bit out, her quick  temper and trademark acidic tone wrapping around her words as her voice becomes low and mocking of his, I was traipsing through the forest to try and figure out who was stupid enough to be setting it on fire,” she gives him a brief once over, “But I guess that answers that question.”

His eyes grow darker but she refused to step away or turn her back on him; it simply was not in her nature. 

Before long, their standoff was reprieved by the arrival of another young mare. However, in sharp contrast to Iset’s sharp metallic coat, this girl was blue, and quite a bit more so than even the waters of the Lake.

The Lake…she hadn’t thought about it since she had fled after her argument with Amet, but she missed her home, and she missed her brother. The longing shaped itself into a bitterness that was injected into her tone as she addresses the other mare, “Could you try not to be so bossy?” she questions rhetorically, ignoring the new girl’s first words. Her golden eyes roll in her head again, this time of their own accord, “Such a freakin’ goody-two-shoes,” she mumbles under her breath in response to her comments about the fairies. 

Obviously, she was not immune to the power of the fairies; from what she had heard from whispers carried on the wind, the fairies had quite a bit of power over Beqanna itself, as well as it’s residents. But were they going to get angry and intervene over a controlled (or so he claimed) fire and a tense conversation (if one could even call it that)?

Doubtful.

She shoots a narrow glare at the blue girl, but keeps most of her focus on the splotchy stallion in front of her, still not trusting him as far as she could throw him.

And by the looks of him, she wouldn't be able to get him far.

there's an old man sitting on the throne thats saying

iset
    I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut

ooc: I'm so sorry its bad and took so long, I've been dealing with finals for the last few weeks and I haven't had any spare time on my hands Sad

Messages In This Thread
    Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Levi - 05-08-2017, 02:34 PM
    RE: Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Iset - 05-13-2017, 11:35 PM
    RE: Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Levi - 05-16-2017, 08:32 PM
    RE: Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Iset - 05-17-2017, 02:01 PM
    RE: Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Levi - 05-19-2017, 03:39 PM
    RE: Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Alivia - 05-20-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Iset - 05-28-2017, 11:46 AM
    RE: Fire in the Mountain [OPEN] - by Levi - 05-29-2017, 08:06 PM