• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Old Warrior, Swallowed and Spitten [Joining, Any] (Offspring, Hurricane)
    Thanata's ears turned so they were focusing on the noise behind her. Even with her heavy hoof fall, the mare was able to pick up on another set of steps, letting her know that the stallion was indeed following her. And it seemed that her intentionally heavy steps were indeed helping him, for he was trailing after her quite easily. She did not wish to say anything about what she'd noticed regarding his eyesight. After all, she didn't know with absolute certainty that he was blind. She was only going off a gut feeling and the behavior she'd been picking up off him.

Thanata herself had been a rather shy mare when she'd first met the stallions and other residents of the Tundra. She'd hardly ever made eye contact, as she'd been taught by her former herd leader that this was a show of disrespect. But the way this stallion avoided it was different. He had his head turned slightly, as if he wasn't so focused on not making eye contact but instead using another sense that those who were blind depended on: hearing.

But her polite nature prevented Thanata from commenting. She had no right to say anything anyway; she had a feeling that the stallion wouldn't appreciate it. So she went off her feeling and helped him by intentionally stepping heavy so he could follow her.

After some time of walking in silence, the stallion spoke up. He introduced himself by the name of Sindor, a rather noble name in Thanata's opinion. He offered an apology and explained his reasoning for the silence earlier, none of which Thanata found offending.

So, when he was finished, Thanata offered her own words, "It is quite all right Sindor. I was unsure of what happened at first either, when I found myself here. I was lucky to meet the guiding hoof of Offspring myself. I also do not see any issue in you staying where Offspring and Hurricane reside. They both live here, in the Tephra. They have handed leadership to a mare named Lucrezia, but she is a just leader and Offspring and Hurricane are loyal. I think they will welcome you, help you get back into the swing of things."

As she stepped over a branch protruding from the snow, she allowed her back hoof to nick it, so that the stallion would know where it was. Then, she spoke again, "Apologies for my rudeness Sindor. It is nice to meet you; I go by the name of Thanata."

She turned her attention back in front to continue leading the way. Some more time passed in silence before they were far into Tephra's territory. Thanata looked around to see if Offspring or Hurricane were here, but she saw neither stallion. She looked at Sindor, "I do not see either of them here, but I will call for them so they can come speak to you and explain what has happened since you left the Tundra."

She took a few steps away before tilting her head back. She stuck her muzzle to the sky and let out a loud call for the two stallions that Sindor was looking for, hoping they were close enough that they could hear.

Once she was done, she looked back at Sindor, "I suggest we remain here. Hopefully Offspring or Hurricane will come soon."

@[Offspring]
    @[Hurricane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Old Warrior, Swallowed and Spitten [Joining, Any] (Offspring, Hurricane) - by Thanata - 05-30-2017, 02:07 PM