• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

inside all of us is a wild thing (pevensie)

She listens carefully as Azlyn introduces first her olderest and then her youngest daughter. The old mare smiles as she watches like Kida nuzzle in against her mothers side, hide from the scary stranger. Pevensie can't say she blames her, because in truth, she is a stranger to her grandchildren. Perhaps now though, that can begin to change.

Little Kida doesn't remind her of Azlyn. She is more like sweet little Makaria, shy and doting, though not entirely lacking the fiery persona of her elder sibling. Those had been simpler days, in the Jungle with their little brother Kione. What she wouldn't give for the power to go back to such times, relive those moments with as much zest as if it were the first time she had touched those moments once more.

Teslah too seems well mannered, just as Pevensie had tried to raise Azlyn to be. She bumps noses softly to greet her elder grandchild, though she is quickly informed that Teslah is not, in fact, the eldest. "Five, my goodness, I have missed so much," she says, a sad frown growing across her features. She has missed her purple Amazonian daughter so much, but also the guilt begins to well up inside her, because she knows in her heart she could have looked harder to find them all - had she not been too afraid to discover the worst.

"Well, busy in a different sense. I rule the Deserts, alongside your adopted sister - I shall introduce you soon, if you stay for a little while. Of course, where ever I am you may call your home, stay for as long as you like." she says, earnest and sincere as she extends the invitations. If the pony-Queen had it her way, Azlyn and her children would move here and stay, but it is not for her to decide. She raised them to make their own paths in life, to walk those paths straight and true. If ever Pevensie does not return, she is happy in the knowledge they can guide themselves to safety.

She focuses on Azlyn again, though takes a glance at Teslah too. "Where is it you stay these days?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: inside all of us is a wild thing (pevensie) - by Pevensie - 06-16-2015, 05:15 PM