• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hell is empty and all the devils are here; ghoest
    He initially suggests sleeping right on the hills, and the thought sounded wonderful. It wasn't often in her life that she had had an opportunity to sleep in a soft bed, pillowed by tall grasses and damp earth. Yes, the hills would be perfect for her. Then he mentioned the privacy of resting behind the treeline, but Ghoest got the feeling she wouldn't really be alone anyway. And being in a small, enclosed space with the savage standing next to her wasn't something she was looking forward to.

For a brief moment her heart lightens when he warns her of another stallion in a land to the north. Perhaps she could run to him at a time when Khaos was off looking for new victims. Or- oh. Khaos wasn't worried about her running, he was worried about competition from another cold, uncaring brute. It was a nice thought while it lasted though. "I ah..um.. yeah a bed in the hills sounds just fine, I suppose. I'm not really sure though, I'm not used to having a bed."

His voice now changes, pulling forth the caring nature that had lured her in in the first place. He offers food and water, and to assist her in finding a place to rest for the night.

"No, no questions, I'm fine Khaos, thanks."

Thanks? THANKS?! Ghoest almost beat herself for both thanking him and addressing him as Khaos instead of sir. Before the iron steed had a chance to object, the roan mare began walking, content for now just to sleep; the food and water could wait until morning. After all, in the past she had been forced to go a full day without water on a regular basis, and she had had plenty to drink earlier before Khaos had found her. It was only a few seconds before Ghoest stopped, absolutely positive she should not be leading the way, especially not in a land she was unfamiliar with.

word count: 324
    notes: Oh yes absolutely... As long as Ghoest stays alive I really don't care what he does, she's sort of my poor little punching bag character.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hell is empty and all the devils are here; ghoest - by Ghoest - 06-17-2015, 06:13 PM