• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any

Rapture

somewhere between the sand and the stardust

He doesn’t know it, but he is healing her. Healing her in a way he might never have expected. To offer comfort is to receive comfort, a foreign concept to many, but so integral to her being. He had unintentionally given her exactly what she had needed, exactly what she had been craving.

In turn, he had gained a most devoted friend and confidant. Even if he had not wanted one.

For a moment, when that tension falls away, when his features relax and his eyes slide shut, a thrill shudders through her. A feeling of satisfaction and pleasure so intense it fairly quivers through her body. For the briefest of moments, she allows herself to melt into him, to give herself over the feel of both giving and receiving succor.

But then he is pulling away, leaving her abruptly adrift in a sea of rapidly fading warmth. Blinking in surprise, her wide blue eyes follow him as he withdraws. Then he offers his name, and she is distracted from the sudden loss. Distracted by the change of subject, by a question she takes a few precious seconds to wrap her head around.

She stares at him for a long moment, before blinking and dropping her gaze as she considers how best to answer him. Finally, she begins. “Well…” Drawing in a breath, she takes a moment to drop her guise. To remove the cloak from his eyes so he can once more see her face. The tears have nearly disappeared, only faint, salty tracks remaining, the small wound now nothing but a smudge of dark red against the blue of her fur. “It’s your eyes. I can change what you see. An illusion I suppose.” She frowns then, considering, before amending, “Except real, in a way. I can show you more.”

As she says the last, she reaches out to do so before abruptly pulling back, faint concern tugging at her features. “May I?”

there is a pulse that echoes of you and I

ugh, Rapture says what is this 'short' post business you speak of? :|

Messages In This Thread
    A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Levi - 05-31-2017, 09:30 AM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Levi - 06-01-2017, 05:24 PM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Levi - 06-04-2017, 05:10 PM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Levi - 06-09-2017, 07:34 PM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Levi - 06-14-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Levi - 06-15-2017, 05:34 PM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Rapture - 06-16-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Levi - 06-18-2017, 02:34 PM
    RE: A Smouldering Fire.. Rapture ..Any - by Wyrm - 06-20-2017, 09:37 AM