• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; any
    the night is my companion, and solitude my guide.
    She is sure that the shadows are taking a shape, are adjusting themselves to make her more comfortable, more capable to understand it as it grows into a living creature. Her breath trembles as it leaves her body, certain that a smile was pressing against her skin now, becoming something that she can recognize and comprehend. Its voice returns to her, sudden yet gentle as it reaches her ears, and her features soften with confusion as its presence leaves her, nearly stepping forward in attempt to find it once again, desperate to cling to the haunting power that it elusively cloaks all around her. It returns to her, brushing its shadowy trace across her jawline once again, reassuring her that it still is with her, always present.

She remembers when her power was all her own, a dance of shadows that would warp and turn at her whim, beautiful and eloquently spiraling through the night. She had always been particular to her shadows, finding solace in the darkness unlike her sister; so alike yet so very different, night and day. Ever since her powers had been stripped from her she had felt empty and lost, uncertain and searching the darkness with blind eyes, unable to coax her shadows out from its hiding. Even now, she isn’t able to manipulate or stir her own shadows as they cross in front of her and brush against her. To her, this is her power returned, but embodied into its own being, its own host, without needing her encouragement to come alive.

The shadows have always been her lover, and now it has a voice and an entity – it was too good to be true, and she would not allow herself to question it.

She’s so careful, so gentle, so delicate; afraid to scare it away or offend it, and never see it again.

“Of course,” she replies, her voice quiet and soft in the darkness. “We have always been one. I am not whole without you…” She trails off, feeling herself falling, feeling light-headed with the emotion that wells up inside her. She trusts it, the shadows, but she was beginning to feel uncertain, as if the shadows were testing her and did not believe her loyalty to it. She curls onto the ground, crisp leaves and grass crumbling beneath the weight of her blue and silver body, the overwhelming presence of the shadow standing over her. “The Reckoning took you from me, shadow. Too long I’ve only been half,” she whispers into what she believes is nothingness, but it was to a cunning stranger, a trickster. He is a being that she would never knew existed in any other way beside her darling shadows.

“Are you – are you, whole now?” She questions the shadow hesitantly as she feels lips trace the soft slope of her neck, desperately wanting the deep and rumbling voice to tell her yes, but too afraid to hope for such wishes to come true. 

If the answer was yes, her shadow is no longer an it, but a he. The idea makes her heart race in ways she has never experienced, though she hopes the feeling does not diminish.  

Messages In This Thread
    my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-12-2017, 05:00 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-15-2017, 06:52 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-20-2017, 04:01 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-26-2017, 11:57 AM