• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war]
    you won’t see me fall apart
    It doesn't take long to find the head of the war caste, and she doesn't disappoint in being curt. Thorunn is relieved -she is much like Thorunn's stoic father. If she had to go on another long small talk get-to-know-you so soon after her last she might lose her mind. Conversation wasn't her strong point.

Observation was.

The same observation that noted the odd way the Ellyse moved, like she was used to being something different, strange, shifting. Thorunn couldn't decide if it were a limp or a hitch or a muscle imbalance, but she was compensating for some sort of change. Never in her wildest dreams would she imagine it would be from bone bending, a trait she'd never seen.

The same observation that had a lone ear trail the mare, Kimber, as she approaches from the back. Thorunn could hear the sound of hoofsteps in the grass long before the mare made herself known. While this wasn't enemy territory it certainly wasn't her territory. She knew better than to let such a thing slide. She gives Kimber a nod of acceptance when she enters the circle.

"My father, Covet, trained me - he was an old war general," she wonders if she should have kept the name to herself. Is it an asset? Does anyone still remember the old man? They'd see him in her stocky stature, her orange eyes - but her coat? The copper was not the same as the black stallions. "I've never seen true war," she says, by means of weakness. How could she truly know what she has not seen? She does not add unfortunately, her father taught her how unfortunate war was. The peace, however temporary, that held Beqanna was a blessing.
    THORUNN
    COVET x LIBRETTE

Messages In This Thread
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war] - by Ellyse - 06-24-2017, 05:25 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war] - by Thorunn - 06-28-2017, 01:04 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war] - by Ellyse - 06-28-2017, 01:40 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war] - by Ellyse - 07-15-2017, 01:36 PM