• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Prevail
    the rest of the world was black and white,
    but we were in screaming color.
     She is captivated by the brilliance of the pale sunlight touching each individual ice crystal, setting it ablaze in an array of vivid color, before melting away, leaving little else but a droplet in its wake. She is enthralled – she had never seen anything like it, and yet he is able to conjure it from the thick, stifling air – despite the heat, despite the humidity. She does not shy away from him as he moves closer to her; rather, she touches her mouth to the crook of his neck, tasting the remnants of ice and salt that lay on the surface of his skin.

Her own heartbeat is thrumming at a frantic pace, stirring adrenaline to course rhythmically through her veins, making her dark russet skin tingle as the warmth of his breath brushes over the root of her own tresses – wavy and tangled, haphazardly laying across her slender neck. A soft laugh bubbles up from the tightness of her throat, though it is caught with a quiet hitch in her breathing. He is murmuring to her softly, and she can feel the intensity of each syllable vibrating through her sinewy muscle and bone.

Far be it for her to understand flirtation – in the end, she is enchanted by his charming wit and contagious laughter, and as her vivid, endless eyes of seafoam search for his own, she can hardly conceal her own mirthful smile. His feather-light caress trails across her tangled mane, tasting the salty brine of the sea and the delicate, crystalline flecks of ice that cling precariously to each individual stand, and for a moment, she is trembling –

With laughter.

”Oh, Fox – you are dangerous, aren’t you?” she muses softly, a glimmer of mischief tucked away within her gaze, boring into his own as her slim neck is turned, looking over her shoulder at him. ”Handsome, charismatic –”

She is turning then, to face him, reaching her dark, indigo-tinted lips to press against the crest of his ear as her warm breath touches his skin, whispering to him not with her vocal cords, but with her mind.

Where’s the catch?
    Prevail
    mandan & exist

@[Fox]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Prevail - by Prevail - 07-03-2017, 11:28 PM